Friday, 13 April 2007

I still haven't taken any photos!

So here's a very old one. I think it's my father and his brother. Dad turns 90 next year.

I worked Tuesday-Thursday this week so have today off. I had an appointment for a checkup at the dentist. It takes me months (literally) to pluck up the courage to just MAKE the appointment, so you can imagine how unimpressed I was when the surgery rang to cancel because the flippin' dental hygenist had called in sick. I wasn't interested in that. I wanted my dentist to poke around in my mouth and tell me I don't need any fillings. Apparantly the practice has changed so that the dentist (who I love and adore because he is so gentle but he is still a dentist) has his own appointments (serious toothy stuff) and he pops in when the hygenist has done her job and does the check-up. So I am now going to see him (and the hygenist) on Monday 1st May.

Himself and I have our 30th wedding anniversary looming. It's the pearl wedding anniversary. I was flummoxed as to what to get him but found some gorgeous cufflinks with mother of pearl inlays. I took Two and GGF to Chadstone (she has lived here for 5 years and never. been. to. Chadstone. Shock, horror). They mosied around Borders and JB hifi and we had lunch (Sumo Salad ... the bestest) then went to the ABC shop so she could buy Two a tripleJ (local ABC radio station) compilation DVD.

Then home.

He is now driving her home.

I am going to hit my study books (I bought half a dozen novels at Borders!) as I have a practice exam to sit this weekend. And I don't want to get too far behind as I am going to Canberra and Sydney next week and while I will probably take my books, I don't want to be stressed out about not studying.

Himself is home this evening and I think Two and Three are as well so will need to consider something for dinner.

One is going to apply to join the Fire Brigade. He is so keen I hope he makes it through the selection process which is very rigorous.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I assume the Fire Brigade is like our Volunteer Fire Fighters here? Or is it a paying gig? Either way, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete