Tuesday, 10 April 2007

Just popping in for a quick visit

I really need to take some more photos.

Two has a new girlfriend (GGF - giggly girlfriend). She is the complete opposite of NGF. Yes, he is a fast worker but he doesn't break up with his girlfriends as soon as he feels the romance dwindling. He tends to hang on until he realises that it's really over and by then (probably the reason) someone esle has caught his eye. And before anyone starts on about fidelity and committment ... HE'S 20 FOR GOD'S SAKE! Sow those wild oats, son.

This is good from the weed perspective. Not too good from the tobacco, though, although they are both planning on quitting in June when smoking bans become even more widespread.

It was lovely having Himself home for four whole days. We didn't do much at all. He slept a lot which was good as he doesn't sleep well in Sydney. I played golf on Saturday which was glorious. We went shopping yesterday and I bought a new food processor. DJs had 15% off small appliances and I have been meaning to replace my old one which was, oooh ... 17 years old? Himself and I have become avid fans of the food channel and I NEED a food processor! Now I need some recipes!

I'm working Tues-Thurs this week. Then Mon-Wed next week then SEVEN days off. I'm going to Canberra on Thursday to stay with Other Brother and Mrs Other and then on Friday I will drive to Sydney to spend the weekend and beyond with Himself. Looking forward to it.

I decided to make myself some fishcakes for dinner tonight using up some leftover mashed potato. All was going well. I had an ear of corn in the oven, the salad on my plate and was gently frying the fishcakes when I decided to log into blogspot so I'd be ready to update. And found that MizS had left me a message. Which means she's home. So I had to go and check her site. And leave a message. AND I BURNT MY FISHCAKES! When, oh when, will I learn that I cannot cook and do something else at the same time.

At least I didn't trigger the smoke detector.

2 comments:

  1. I got to the cooking onions last night, seconds before a similar disaster. Similar cause too. Fortunately, not quite at the smoking stage. And it's not the first time.

    Perhaps you could suggest that the weed and tobacco are both bad for the prowess needed in sowing wild oats! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big relief about Two. I think we can safely assume that NGF was trying to stir up trouble.

    Sorry 'bout the fishcakes. I have tried to cook and blog at the same time and it never works out to my advantage.

    ReplyDelete