I am a very happy little vegemite.
Last night's dinner was OK. Just OK. The company, as always, was great but I don't think we will go back there again out of choice. Maybe for takeaway but not for a sit down meal. I did learn that Foxtel IQ has a feature which means I won't have to miss the first half of Silent Witness (or any other fave TV show) again. I also took one of my blocks to show off. Pathetic, I know, but there was someone there who gave a shit!
Today we raced around and got everything done. Butcher, socks for Himself and undies for the boys for Christmas stockings (yay - I've started my Christmas shopping!) on sale, new fish for the tank (look really good and hope they survive!), deli for cold meat for lunch tomorrow (I have both brothers and sisters-in-law coming and Dr Teacher's boys as well), Spotlight for a pyjama bottom pattern for Himself (and the boys whether they like it or not - cheaper than Peter bloody Alexander!) and fabric and STUFF. Then home (via supermarket for ingredients) to bake a chocolate cake for lunch tomorrow and to make a cheesecake for dinner tomorrow night. Yes it's a busy weekend. The walk didn't happen and I didn't eat anything until I was baking (does licking the spoon count as breakfast?) so the healthy bits didn't happen today.
Lunch tomorrow could be awkward as Dr Teacher AND Mrs Teacher are coming as are their boys (17 & 19) but I guess they will still be friends and will still do family stuff so now is as good a time as any for everyone to get used to it. I think Other Brother was hoping to spend time with Dr Teacher but they can always go for a mosey down to the beach and I can talk craft with the SILs. One and Ebs will be here for lunch as will Three. Two and GGF will be here for golf and dinner later.
I feel exhausted just writing about it! I plan to just hide down here and sew on Monday.
And on that note I shall do a quick whizz around the net, check the news and then shut the old computer down and focus on other things.
EDIT: I have just read back through my recent posts and can't find any reference to Dr. Teacher and why he was staying with us! He and Mrs Teacher are having some issues which is why he was with us. And it looks as if they will be parting ways after 22 years of marriage. Very sad and you can understand why tomorrow could be a tad awkward. No nasties, no rows, just one of those sad things. And that's all I'm saying at the moment. His business that he needs to sort out but his Big Sis is always here.
OH You LUCKY Tart! YOu have the best sewing area! I'm stuck in a cold miserable garage! Pffffft, I'm moving in with you!
ReplyDeleteAND.. how am I supposed to SEE your first block with the bloody cat sitting on it??? eh????
ReplyDelete