Thursday, 4 March 2010

It's Autumn!

In Australia we divide our seasons neatly into 4 equal 3 month blocks.  The fact that the weather seems unaware of this division doesn't matter.  It's officially Autumn so I can live with 30+ celsius days knowing that it IS Autumn and the cooler weather is just around the corner.  And most nights get cool enough to be comfortable.

I've had a reasonable week.  Mother is doing well.  She was moved to rehab on Monday and was dismayed to find she was sharing a room.  To my utter surprise she told me today that they had offered her a single room this morning and she turned it down as her room mate is quite pleasant!  She is working hard at her rehab and should be home in a week.  This is completely opposite to her behaviour 12 months ago when she broke her hip.

I caught up with my ex-colleagues for dinner on Tuesday and it was most pleasant.  And apart from the way in which I left I am not sorry to not be working there.  Nothing has changed.

My PT is on his honeymoon so I have had a couple of sessions with another bloke and he his great.  I really feel that I have worked out.  Which puts me in a bit of a dilemma.  I would love to stay with Mark but that could be really awkward so I need to work out how to either get Matt to train me like Mark does or see if I could do one session a week with each of them.

I played 9 holes of golf on Monday with Sooz.  It wasn't a serious game and I enjoyed it.  I do want to get out more but not at the club just yet.  That is TOO intimidating.

The house got a big clean yesterday and it looks great.  WW with GGF tomorrow (hopefully I will undo the 100gm damage I did last week) and then the movies.  Last week we saw Valentine's Day in Gold Class.  We had a ball.  It was much better than I expected and Gold Class is fabulous.  Tomorrow she wants to see Dear John which would not be on my list as it's meant to be a real tear jerker.  I would rather see A Single Man but can do that by myself one day next week.  GGF gets the tickets for nothing so I really can't complain!  And I'm seeing films I wouldn't normally see.  All the boys and girls are going to see Alice in Wonderland tomorrow evening.  I was invited but it's a late session and I'd feel a bit out of the loop going to see a movie with a bunch of 20 somethings!  That's another one to see on my own, I think.  Unless Two and GGF love it so much they want to see it again as they did with Avatar.

A long weekend this weekend which doesn't affect me but it will be nice to have Himself home for 3 days.  The weather forecast is a bit grim but there is always a book or a jigsaw puzzle or a movie!

And on that note I shall go and hang out the washing.

2 comments:

  1. I love spending rainy days curled up on the couch reading or watching dvds. And in winter I can wrap myself in cozy warm stuff too. The only problem then is that I freeze when I have to get up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn here too.. not that you can tell!
    I saw Valentines Day too and was surprised how nice it was.
    I want to see Date Night next... but it's not out yet.

    ReplyDelete