I think I have bitten off a bit more than I can chew. I have several craft projects on the go (I hear ya, Chris!) with the plan to give them for Christmas presents. I guess I never said WHICH Christmas!
I am making a quilt as a gift for a dear friend for which I purchased fabric and pattern from the Australian Quilt Convention on Friday (which had some amazing quilts on display). Cut it out and started mapping out the quilt and I hate the combinations. Too busy. So I guess I'll have to go and buy some plainer fabrics to break things up a bit.
After much faffing around from the supplier of the kit I have started a cross stitch for another friend. She sews but doesn't hand sew so I'm hoping she will like this. If I ever get it finished!
I'm knitting a throw for the Mermaid who loves the one I made for us. This should be finished by her birthday in August. Hopefully!
Then there is the crochet throw I'm doing for us and the candlewicking quilt I'm making for the guest room. Not to mention the Japanese table runner I have earmarked for ANOTHER friend but haven't started and the various quilts I'm planning for Two and Three and their partners.
Tomorrow is our 38th wedding anniversary. We both forgot last year as it was just after Dad had died. First time ever! We won't be spending money on gifts but plan to go for a drive to scout out potential wedding options for Two and Mads. Lunch out and a pleasant drive. Bliss.
After I came home from the AQC on Friday I had a migraine. I don't get them that often but have been getting more of late. I took the tablet the doctor prescribed which stopped the worst of it in its tracks. Felt a bit blah on Saturday and then on Sunday I had TWO back to back. Not very nice at all. Still feeling a bit fuzzy and every so often I feel as if I'm getting another one. Himself wants me to see the doctor but I don't thinks there's much he can do. I think it's stress related exacerbated by a dicky neck.
We got a phone call from One on Saturday night. He managed to chop the fingernail off his left middle finger and it was "pissing blood, Mum", I told him an ambulance probably wasn't really necessary but a hospital visit was. Ebs drove him and they patched him up then sent him to the bigger public hospital on Sunday. They were there at 7.30am as instructed and he finally got to theatre 12 hours later! A skin graft and plastic surgery and he will never have a proper nail on that finger again. He says his next purchase will be a butcher's chain mail glove! And I think he was really annoyed at missing out on the delicious dinner he had prepared.
Brother in law is doing well. The surgeon is happy with him and he is booked for his liver surgery mid may. Mother in law is begrudgingly accepting my help. Himself is slowly getting gentler with his dealings with them.
Getting old has whiskers on it.
Goodnight!
It has hella whiskers on it. And too many stray eyebrow hairs on my chin. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of crafty stuff you having going there. And I'm flat out gathering the energy to start one I want to learn. But if I did, I might distract myself from my assignments. Grand in one way, but not what I'm aiming for!
Happy anniversary!
Youch to the finger mishap! that must have hurt like be-jesus.
ReplyDeleteI hope your BIL's surgery goes well.