I don't know where the days are going.
Three and Amy are so looking forward to hosting Christmas for us and One and his lot. I really hope One and Ebs don't stuff it up as they can be very selfish. Life is more about her side of the family and her friends whereas Three is trying to make this about our side of the family. Back away, Sparkling, back away. You can do nothing.
Himself is regularly asked if we are doing anything with MIL for Christmas. The answer basically is no. I think the best think would be to take some good Polish bread and cheese and cold meats in on Christmas Eve and spend some time with her. There is no point taking her out anywhere as she can't see and nothing is familiar.
I finished the paintings for the grandkids and framed them. Sally's Frozen painting is on stretched canvas so not framed and I haven't a photo yet to show but I will get one. But these are the framed ones...
I must say I am rather pleased with how they've turned out.
This time in 3 weeks we will be halfway through the first week of 2021. All the silliness of Christmas will be behind us. I would like to think it will be the beginning of a much better year and here, in Australia and New Zealand, it might be but I feel so much for the poor buggers in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Does anyone remember a book by John Wyndham called The Chrysalids? It was written in the 1950s and is about a post apocalyptic world where the safest place to be is New Zealand. Or something. It's been 50 years since I read it but it really struck a chord with me and at the moment the Antipodes really do seem to be the best place in the world.
It's been one of the first really warm summer days today. Jinx had her run at the dog park but has spent the rest of the day inside keeping cool. I have been painting and am about to go and have another G&T!
I've not heard of that book but yes, I believe all of us 'down under' are in the very best place in the world. I do think that New Zealand has it over Australia though because we don't have snakes and all the other creep crawlies that can kill you!
ReplyDelete