Sunday, 7 July 2024

Still here

The wound is still draining so I am still here. We had discussed discharge tomorrow but it will at least be another day or so.

To be honest, bored and starved for fresh air as I am, I am in the right place.

I think I was a tad ambitious expecting to manage this any other way.

I could post pictures but you might be eating!

At least I have my kindle, my phone for podcasts and my knitting.

A mentioned to my nurse I had to ask Three to get me some shampoo and she gave me some hotel size bottles. The staff collect them when they stay in hotels for when patients forget ... or don't plan on long admissions!!

So my excitement tomorrow will be washing my hair.

It's the little things, folks!


8 comments:

  1. Something to look forward to! Sorry about the detour on the way back to health, but feeling bored is a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well shit. Get better soon. On the upside, lots of time to knit:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is causing the wound to continue to drain? I am curious. Meanwhile, yes. Washing one's hair can be a hugely exciting experience when you've been unable to for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the first shower and hair wash after an op is just bliss. Hoping your recovery is swift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healing slowly, but well by the sound of it. That's interesting about he shampoo. I wonder how widespread that is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always feel better after a shower and fresh clean hair
    Don’t rush things or you might end up back in hospital. So yes your exactly where you need to be

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my kindle. So many books in one small package. I love shampoo day too, I change the sheets on that day too so I sleep with my clean hair on a clean pillowcase. Almost feels like a five star hotel until Lola jumps onto the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand the shower and hair wash, I had my first one in 10 days yesterday. The neck brace has to be worn 24/7 so hair wash not 100%.

    ReplyDelete