Thursday, 14 November 2024

Bits and bobs

Because you can't have too much of Max the Magnificent ... 





... he does love being outdoors. Nothing like a good roll on warm ground and an explore through the garden. If I leave him out it's not long before he's at the door demanding to be let back in. I would NEVER allow him out unsupervised, just so you know, but if I go out and come back in he's not far behind me. Of course that could change ... he is a cat after all ... and if it happens that he even thinks about expanding his domain then he will be firmly advised of the error of his ways.

I finished the top I was knitting for the Mermaid. I hope she likes it.



Yesterday it bucketed down. Our wonderful landscaper made a trip out in the rain to see how the drainage was holding up. I think we got the tick of approval. He is also happy with the way the grass has taken off so Himself gets a tick of approval there because he put a lot of work into it. 

We received an email from the property manager of the rental saying she is waiting on a copy of the report from the local carpet company. Himself went down to said company seeking a copy and ... surprise, surprise ... they don't do reports, just quotes. And not room by room as we were told but for the whole house. I was at the supermarket this morning and bumped into our old neighbour who gave me the email address for the landlord's ex husband who might be able to shed some light onto the state of the carpet when he moved out. I just need to compose an email to him and hopefully he will be happy to help us (she apparantly did the dirty on him financially so there is no love lost there).

This morning I had coffee with a very dapper looking gentleman who has driven down from Melbourne for a wee break at the seaside. It is always lovely meeting internet friends in the flesh.

The year is racing to a close. Even though we don't do anything at Christmas I am still arranging a few presents to get to family and couple of friends and hopefully Three will be able to come down for a few days after Christmas. I have no idea when I will see One and his lot. The Mermaid will come down I am sure - I just hope it's not at the same time as Three! I had said I would try to get up to see Two but it's hot and humid on the Central Coast at the moment so I think I will wait until Autumn for that visit. 

At the beginning of October I decided to take myself in hand and do something about the ever increasing waist line and restarted the Fast 800 program with which I had some success a few years ago. The weight loss must be showing because a few people have commented on my new hair cut - which isn't! Obviously I must look different and they can't quite work out why. I am feeling better in myself so will keep going. And the withdrawals from the anti-depressants are just about gone, thank goodness. That was a bit of a torrid time.

Time to start prepping dinner and then it will be gin o'clock.

10 comments:

  1. Max is a beautiful boy and has a twin here in Adelaide (not my cat), though Azriel is a bit more shy I think.
    I missed my chance to meet the "dapper gentleman" and his R when I chickened out several years ago when they came to Adelaide.
    I'm glad your drainage and grass are both doing what they are meant to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the drainage is working well, and Max certainly looks happy! How great that you got to meet up with Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I need Andrew's report on the encounter! Great fun for both of you. That's a nice piece of knitting, Mermaid should be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love meeting people in real life from our blog community. They are always exactly as I imagine. So good for you and Andrew for meeting up!
    Max really is magnificent.
    AND- what a talented knitter you are! Lovely top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our old cat loves being outside. Thankfully she's too old to get over our fence now, so she just enjoys the backyard.
    That's so nice that you go to meet Andrew in real life.
    That landlord of yours sounds like a piece of work. I hope she gets her comeuppance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your max is very handsome and regal And by the look of the face on the last pic. He knows it lol
    I hope you get some good news re the carpet. I thought agents too photos before and after renting the property? And the agent who was in charge of the house should be able to confirm what you have said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pain with the carpet. I haven’t been in rental market for many years and, touch wood, if I ever was again, it would be a good idea to take photos, but still your word against theirs. And what a beautiful knitter you are, so even. And how fantastic meeting up with Andrew! Marie, Cheltenham

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pets!!! Peta

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can confirm it bucketed down, though even that may be an understatement. Dapper? I don't know. I try to look ok and perhaps my style conceals my physical age. It was great to meet you but nothing has changed as everything about you was confirmed, for the good. I love the idea of going for landlord's ex as a source of information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Cat is so nice, and the apparience is that he is very bigger. The pullover is so nice. Is interesting to knows to do that. I live in Mallorca, in the mediterranean sea. The climatology here the last years changed. Now the summers are so hit, and the winter is not cold, is warm. Incredible but our pullovers usually are inside the armchair. The climatology changed a lot.

    ReplyDelete