Friday, 7 February 2025

A good day

Today I had the absolute pleasure of coffee with Penguin. It was a glorious day and the cafe doors were open to the elements and I forgot to take a photo. Dammit. Photo of the view, I hasten to add, as Penguin is very private.

Home to a bit of a wasted afternoon. I had planned to sew up the cardigan for the Mermaid's soon to arrive granddaughter but ended up vacuuming, faffing around on the computer, attempting more cryptic clues with complete blanks and a couple of AHA moments. 

I then remembered I needed to bake some bread so got that started and then the Mermaid rang during the second proofing and I forgot the time and it expanded to massive so had to bash the dough back and give it a third proof. I actually think it worked quite well. I might do this on purpose next time and see if it was a fluke or really made it better. I scored the top - it is meant to look rustic.


Dinner was falafel with harrisa veges. This is them going in to the oven. Imagine them browner and you get the gist of the finished product. Always a good meal with heaps of flavour.


There is a business here that is seasonal. The owner rents a premises and showcases local artists. When Three et al were down purchases were made and I was rather envious. Facebook informed me time is ticking so I popped in this afternoon and splurged a bit.

This is a hoya (from memory). The spot is an alcove between our bedroom and the ensuite and I used to have an artificial plant in there (hate them but long story for another day). The position makes it hard to get a good photo but you should get the idea. I am hoping it survives so I can train it up or down or sideways.



This looks just right ...



Remember the chain of hearts debacle and my attempts to strike more? I gave in and bought one someone had prepared earlier! This should guarantee everything will take and I will be overrun with chains of hearts!


 It is now nearly midnight so time to shuffle off to bed before I turn into a pumpkin.

10 comments:

  1. The bread looks delicious - very naughty as I love bread, but should not eat it, at least, not in the quantities I sometimes do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pinch a bit from Himself's plate to mop up juices with dinner otherwise it's a rare treat. I love the process of baking.

      Delete
  2. I need to bake bread today. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your results will look a lot better than mine!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was, Pixie. Always good to catch up with like minded souls for a laugh and a chat.

      Delete
  4. That is some fine-looking bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your "ball of twine" pots, hope the Hoya does well. Mine in the garden is still producing the odd flower cluster long after the first few which I was sure were going to be the ony ones. Your dish of veggies and falafel (which I have never had) looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your aim was a rustic loaf, you could not have done better with the rustic.
    Don't forget to feed the mysterious creature hoya some banana skins.

    ReplyDelete