Yesterday was lovely. I picked up a friend and we drove to Lindenow to the Long Paddock which is in a lovely old bakery. The Lionesses were having a social lunch (as opposed to their fundraising work) and it was great. So many laughs and the food was excellent. I will go back with Himself one day.
It had been a very socal/stressful week so by the time I got home I just zoned out in front of the computer.
Himself roasted a piece of eye fillet with veges.
I do love a good roast dinner ...
I bought two slices of lemon tart from Long Paddock for dessert. They were delicious. Very light and very citrusy. Sometimes lemon tarts can be heavy and sweet.
As I was sitting at my desk this morning I heard the sound of a hungry baby magpie. Spring is usually magpie season but I learned at my bird watching group last Thursday that if the conditions are right some species of birds will have two litters clutches a year.
This little fellow was obviously looking for tucker but his parents weren't around so he had to fend for himself.
He hopped off and I assume he found something tastier as he hasn't been back.
I don't know how much nutrition he would get from a dead kangaroo paw but I guess it does look a bit like a worm.
He hopped off and I assume he found something tastier as he hasn't been back.
Dinner tonight was leftover roast which sometimes is even better the second time around. And I didn't have to cook so a bonus!
We finished Breaking Bad a week or so ago and are now watching Better Call Saul which is, I think, even better. There is an underlying level of humour which balances the darkness of the subject matter.
We finished Breaking Bad a week or so ago and are now watching Better Call Saul which is, I think, even better. There is an underlying level of humour which balances the darkness of the subject matter.
As we watch telly I knit. Currently on the needles is a pair of socks for Himself as his feet get cold. Here is one I prepared earlier!
For some reason Max has taken an intense interest in the yarn to the point I have to bury it under something else to stop him drooling and nibbling.
Rain set in late yesterday and has been on and off all day. It is still raining as I write and looks like continuing into tomorrow. We have had isolated thunderstorms and I couldn't be happier. I do love the sound of rain on the roof with the occasional grumble of thunder.
Here's to a great week.






Fortunately magpies are very industrious and adaptable birds. I'm sure that young one will be fine!
ReplyDeleteWhen you said "dead kangaroo paw" I wondered what in the world a dead kangaroo would be doing in your garden.
ReplyDeleteYour knitting skills are outrageous!
We watched Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, I really liked Better Call Saul...so good....Peta
ReplyDeleteDinner looks yummy. Did he even make gravy? You have a star there!
ReplyDeleteI too thought a dead kangaroo too.
ReplyDeleteI hope you lavished lots of praise upon your husband to encourage him to cook more meals.
I'll guess you will educate Steve about Australian magpies.
I love the socks! I love a good roast meal too, but I'll wait for winter when the oven can warm half the flat. I need to get back to finishing Breaking Bad, but it's been so long I might have to start from the beginning again. I'm currently watching the Jason Bourne movies.
ReplyDeleteSomething to tick all the boxes here.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful socks. I tried knitting them once but couldn't even get them started. So frustrating.
ReplyDeleteIt’s like the seasons have just stopped and the next started.
ReplyDeleteWarm socks will definitely be needed if this is an indication of things too come