Wednesday, 5 February 2025

The day after

I woke to an email from the VCAT member with his ruling in our favour and then by late morning I received another email indicating that the real estate agent had initiated our bond return. For the first time in a long time I actually feel a reduction in my overall stress levels - I didn't realise what a toll this whole process was taking on me. And I am still gobsmacked at the lies the landlord told although with her history over the 12 month tenancy I shouldn't be. 

Anyway, today was a new day and I embraced it.

First off was cryptic crosswords. The brain worked really well and then it didn't and then it sort of did and if I look at the clues now I won't be able to understand how I worked things out. The joys of cryptics!

Here are a couple for your frustration entertainment:

Russians supplying bags for lettuce? (8)

Foxtrot by Romeo has to produce disapproving looks (6)

Sometimes you can get a lucky guess but I want to know how people work them out so please explain your reasoning if you have a go.

After cryptics I did a quick supermarket shop then went to coffee group. There are a couple of ladies with very green thumbs who keep giving me cuttings and seeds. So far I have had no success but one of them has confidence in my ability to strike a chain of hearts plant. This is my second attempt. The first time I buried it in potting mix and it died. This time I have broken it into pieces and will see how it goes in water. As soon as I  see any sign of root growth I will plant them out. If all else fails I will buy a bloody plant as I do love them.


Last night Max the magnificent was ... well ... magnificent. The little turd doesn't purr, frequently bites me when I stroke him and demands food loudly and often but he is too gorgeous to be angry with for long.






 

Considering all that is going on with folk around the world I wonder which lion you identify with?



Right now I am number 8

12 comments:

  1. Often we don't realise the toll stress is taking until it is relieved. I'm pleased for you that that stress has now gone.
    There's no sleeping lion there - and that's how I feel at the moment - at a lot of moments, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm number eight, ready to strike your late landlord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you would have given her a piece of your mind were you here!

      Delete
  3. "And I am still gobsmacked at the lies the landlord told although with her history over the 12 month tenancy I shouldn't be. "
    Have you heard of trump?
    Sociopaths lie, it's just what they do. I'm glad you'll get your money back and be able to put this behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I am a cross between numbers six and seven.
    Pixie's right. Liars lie and they get away with it because most of us just don't. Mostly, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm mostly no. 4 on the lion scale, and occasionally no. 9.

    I'm glad the stress has abated and I cannot begin to figure out those crossword clues! I did make an attempt but maybe I need to see the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am lion 3. It appears to be typing.
    VCAT got it right, but what a bother and a waste of your and the courts time.
    Where are the answers for the cryptic clues? And explanation. My mind doesn't process cryptic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The answers are forthcoming!
      I believe the landlord will now have to pay VCAT around $200.

      Delete
  7. Lion number 8 looks like it is playing and I did that with the twins for several hours today, so I'm number 8.

    ReplyDelete