There is too much negativity and sadness and anger in the world at the moment. I cannot change anything so I retreat more and more into my small life - it's all too overwhelming otherwise.
Hence the radio silence of late.
One came down with his family over the weekend. We explored a beach I hadn't been to before (Lake Tyers - we have been to the pub but never walked onto the actual beach) ...
... they brought their French Bulldog with them and Murphy was so excited to have a new friend. All three dogs were exhausted by the end of the visit.
The cats were NOT impressed and spent the entire time hiding in our wardrobe or under our bed. They would venture out when all was quiet and the annoying wee dog was asleep at night but at the first sign of movement they bolted back to their safe place. The upside was that Max actually showed me some affection when they had gone!
And I continue to enjoy the glorious area we live in.
Thank you for your comments and a big thanks to Penguin for arranging coffee to check up with me. I know a lot of you experience issues with mental health and the challenges of day to day life so I am sure you will understand where I am at the moment.
I will be back once things settle down and the political bombardment from here (federal election) and overseas has subsided somewhat.




So glad to see you again. I've been wondering about you, but I understand about your current mood.
ReplyDeleteMissed you, glad to see you back. I understand how you feel.
ReplyDeleteI hope the fog will soon lift. You've made one step into blogland - others will follow. 😀
ReplyDeleteI'm just glad you're ok. These past couple of months have been hard on my mental health as well. The world seems in dire straits right now and it's hard not worry.
ReplyDeleteTake care sweetie. Get lots of dog love and walks.
I understand your sense of being overwhelmed. Enjoy your day-to-day life and venture forth into blogland as you are able!
ReplyDeleteIt is all so very overwhelming. I have retreated into my ever-smaller life too. I just...can't. I do still write. That is something engrained in me now but even that is hard. We are all in this together. There is that. I'm glad you're in a place you love. Enjoy that as much as you can.
ReplyDeleteLovely to read your blog again. Marie, Cheltenham
ReplyDeleteDo you still have to climb onto the roof of the Lake Tyers pub to get a phone signal?
ReplyDeleteOne of our cats used to do the opposite if we upset her life as you describe. It was revenge by hiding behind a door and spring out to attack passing ankles.
Our nonsense will end in a few weeks, well back to normal nonsense, but I feel for those in the US where it is ongoing.
Welcome back.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post
ReplyDeletePlease read my post
ReplyDeleteJust catching up - you are not alone in your feelings about what's happening in the world right now. It affects me on a daily basis but I find I can't look away. It is like history repeating itself.
ReplyDelete