It's been a busy couple of weeks.
One and his lot came down on the first weekend of the school holidays and, as mentioned in the previous post, One, Himself and I went to Lake Tyers Beach. This is what the lake looked like ...
We aren't sure when exactly the entrance from lake to sea closed but a week later when I went back with Three and the girls it looked like this. You can see the water levels are starting to rise again ...
It was a blustery day and the tide was in. The ocean looked like this ...
Alice and Sally collected shells. Of course, one wears a pink tutu for shell collecting ...
This was the first time Alice had been to stay without Mummy or Daddy. She has had a nasty cold and it made life easier for the parents to have her come home with me because well, day care, snot etc.
When we arrived Grumpy and Sally went to play mini golf and Alice and I went to my coffee group. She buried her head in my shoulder and wouldn't engage with anyone. She was quite hot to touch so probably had a bit of a temp. She told me later she didn't like my friends because they were "too important"! I can only assume a group of chatty older women were somewhat intimidating for a wee lass who wasn't feeling 100%.
We came home, dosed up with paracetamol (acetamenophin for those in north america) and she decided she wanted to go for a walk.
It's a given that when in Lakes we have dinner at the fancy restaurant (aka the pub) and have to dress up accordingly. Please note the glittery jacket ...
After a breakfast of doughnuts we had to go and look at the boats ...
We only had one major melt down and that was at the playground when Granny got very cross because Alice wouldn't listen and nearly ran straight into the path of the swings. She calmed down eventually - promises of ice cream work wonders.
U3A returned this week which was lovely after the holiday break. I have joined the U3A book club so that's another monthly group of people to meet and chat with.
On Wednesday I saw yet another new GP for repeat scripts of routine meds. She is very approachable and listened to some of my concerns and we have a new regime to try. No judgement, no criticism, no lectures - just genuine concern and empathy and practical suggestions. I hope she stays as we have not had a good run with GPs here.
Himself has been having some chest discomfort (which I am convinced is caused by increased stress levels) so he is off to Melbourne tomorrow for an angiogram +/- stent on Monday.
Our builder's warranty department are useless and have washed their hands of our paint issues (hence the stress levels) and the wording in the contract is vague enough to say nothing specific but strong enough to say they won't do anything. I keep reminding Himself that it could be worse - at least we can repaint the house as it's not a structural issue. The pantry cabinet door has been replaced but they forgot the hinges so we will have to wait another few weeks for those.
So life trundles along. Autumn is always glorious and this year is no exception. It's a season of settling down and leaving the frenetic activity of summer behind.









I do love a blustery ocean with white caps and rolling surf. To look at, not to swim in. I hope Alice is feeling much better by now, snotty colds are misery makers. Like you said, paint is not as bad as a structural fault and now you get to choose colours.
ReplyDeleteOh the poor baby. When your feeling sick,you don’t want to deal with lots of people.
ReplyDeleteStill I’m sure dinner at the pub was just what was needed.
Nice to see you back. missed you.
ReplyDeleteAlice is so sweet and knows the importance of dressing for the occasion!
ReplyDeleteWas JUST thinking about you, wondering how you and yours were doing. I'm so glad to hear that all is relatively well. I know those little girls love to visit you. And of course a pink tutu is the proper garment for shelling on the beach!
ReplyDeleteI do think a pink tutu is the appropriate outfit for any occasion! What a fun time with the little ladies. And boo to the builder issues. At least is isn't structural but still. booooo
ReplyDelete"Too important" -- ha! I feel that way about some people too. Glad you've been able to spend time with the girls and I hope Himself's stress levels diminish soon!
ReplyDeleteOnly grandparents would possibly consider doughnuts for their grandchild's breakfast.
ReplyDeleteThe paint problem must be so disappointing but minor compared to some of the horror stories we hear about. How has this all come about? While council officers could be corrupt when they were in charge of builds and signing off, it was nothing like what is happening now.
I'm glad you're back as well. Doughnuts for breakfast sounds perfect. When I worked nights, I would sometimes stop at the doughnut shop on the way home and buy some for my kids, and me.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything goes well for your husband. That's got to be a worry.
Take care.
I want doughnuts for breakfast and a pink Tutu!! lol. Peta
ReplyDeleteGreat blog
ReplyDeletePlease read my post
ReplyDeleteI like how you grandparent! lol Lots of lovely photos. Any of ya house? Though in all fairness, I don't read many blogs now days. A bit busy, and lazy.
ReplyDelete