So Himself managed to get a case of man flu and shared it with me.
I am laying low and not doing the stuff I usually do cos a) I feel like shit and b) I am very conscious of not sharing it with people who can't afford to get sick because of their health or travel plans or just cos nobody likes being unwell.
Today was, therefore, rather boring from a blogging perspective, but rather nice to have an excuse to stay at home and knit and listen to podcasts. It reminded me of why I didn't mind certain aspects of the COVID debacle. I didn't have to be told twice to stay at home.
I have cancelled my usual Wednesday plans for tomorrow which does hurt as I love my cryptic crosswords in the morning and my coffee group in the afternoon but I would be devastated if anyone got sick ... one is in her 90s, another is about to head overseas for her daughter's wedding, another is due to head north for the winter ... you get the idea.
So another day of knitting and reading and listening to stuff. I guess it's not all bad!
And these two will keep guard as always. You never know who might think about walking past the house.

The cat and the dog, keeping watch. I love it, one can never be too careful.
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon.
Nice to see you back. And sometimes it really is great to have to hunker down and knit and blog and little else. Hope it doesn't last too long though.
ReplyDeleteLove those guardians!
I swear to you- if there hadn't been so much illness and death, such horror, Covid would have been the best time of my life. Stay home?
ReplyDeleteDon't threaten me with a good time.
I think for some of us, being just ill enough to keep us at home and semi-resting is a time of non-guilty pleasure.
Just catching up, welcome back to blogging! I don't read many blogs so nice to see you posting. That weight loss is amazing! I'm sure you do look entirely different.
ReplyDeleteMy beautiful grandbaby loves me so much she shared her flu with me.
ReplyDeleteThat first year of daycare is terrible for picking up everything.
And yes! I didn’t mine Covid restrictions at all.
Except for missing my girls. But face time was a wonderful way of keeping in touch.
Hope your feeling much better soon
Stay well! Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get well soon. You're very considerate to stay away from people who need protection. About COVID, I don't want to relive the terror, but the staying home was exactly my speed. Legal! No explanations needed. It was great.
ReplyDeleteLove the photo and hope you feel better soon. Thank you for thinking of others.
ReplyDeleteThat's a bugger. Get well soon. If you feel up to it, go for a nice drive somewhere, but the pets are happy your are home.
ReplyDeleteGood to see you back! My husband just had that virus that's been going round but was considerate enough not to share it with me. Get well soon!
ReplyDelete