Three rang me late on Tuesday afternoon to say that Alice had had an accident at kindergarten and had broken her arm. So, being the good Granny, I hot footed it up to Melbourne on Wednesday to look after said child while her parents are at work.
Fortunately the arm doesn't seem to be giving her much grief but she has a cold and a possible UTI so hasn't been the happiest of campers. At least being here means that she and Sally get to sleep in rather than being woken at 5.30-6.00 to get to school and daycare.
It also means that Granny supervises getting dressed (hard with your dominant arm/hand in a cast) and Granny doesn't really care what anyone wears as long as they are warm. Sally, obviously, has to wear her school uniform but Alice can wear what she damn well pleases, and this morning this was what she damn well pleased ...
... the kid certainly has her own style! Velour pants with glittery cowboy boots and a woolly, sparkly jumper (needed to be stretchy to get over the cast).
... it's like having Minnie glaring at me every time I take a sip!




Oh poor little thing.
ReplyDeleteI remember getting the call from kinder for the exact same thing.
Four boys were up in a tree, watching the Cranbourne races, and one fell out.
The worst was that weekend he was page boy at his aunts wedding.
At least the white cast matched the black suit with white shirt lol
Poor girl. I remember when I was a kid how envious I was of kids that broke a bone and got to have a cast, completely oblivious of the pain that they had to endure. I'm sure her parents were very thankful that you were able to help out last minute.
ReplyDeleteOh no! A broken arm is no fun at all. But gosh, those cowboy boots!! That girl has style!!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a young, almost every boy seemed to break a bone at some point. At least you were available to smooth things over for a few days. The cup is very funny.
ReplyDeleteMust be something in the air. My grandson broke his wrist / hand playing basketball the other day. PENGUIN
ReplyDeleteYou are the absolute best grandmother for stepping in to help. Alice clearly has a spectacular sense of fashion, those glittery cowboy boots paired with the velour pants are legendary. That Minnie Mouse mug gives off hilarious grumpy vibes. Safe travels driving back home tomorrow.
ReplyDelete