Tuesday, 29 May 2007

One of these isn't like the others, one of these isn't quite the same ....



We had a lovely time out to dinner on Friday for Two's 21st. Himself and I gave him an iMac laptop for his editing. His brothers gave him an iPod. The cats gave him an office chair for his desk so he can be comfortable whilst editing and listening to his iPod!! GGF gave him a lovely watch. His mates from uni gave him an external hard drive. Relatives gave him a whole lot of money. A very happy Two.

It was lovely to see the three of them bounce off each other. One and Three are excellent mimics (Three especially) and they had everyone in hysterics at the restaurant. A couple of mates came back and we played pool for a while and then everyone left/went to bed except One and me. One wanted to talk. So he did. Until 2.30am!! But it was a moment I'll always cherish as these things happen less as they get older.

I got a bit more of my essay done over the weekend but really need to knuckle down on my days off. I have decided not to do this next semester. I mentioned it to my boss today. She didn't seem upset. Probably because it means she can hit on me to pick up extra shifts! I have to tell the education person. She won't be impressed but everything is just too much for me at the moment. Himself is not well. I think it's mainly stress related but his symptoms are real enough and cause him a lot of grief.

One and LGF are still not together although he's over there at the moment and will be taking her out tomorrow night for her birthday which is on Thursday. She's going out on Thursday. I guess that's a good thing!

I haven't had anymore meltdowns at work but it's still not my favourite place to be.

I need a holiday and that's not going to happen for a while as we don't have enough staff to cover our shifts as it is without extra staff to cover sick or holiday leave.

I plan to finish this assignment and then my project for the next few months will be ME!! Cos a happy mum means a happy family!

Off to watch some telly and then bed.

1 comment:

  1. You know you must be an awesome mum if your kiddo wants to have a special chat with you until 2:30am.

    I hope Himself feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete