Sunday, 6 July 2008

5 weeks and 5 days to go

And then we will be homeless!  The new place is coming along really well so hopefully we will have to depend on friends for a very short time.  The cats have begun their vaccination course (haven't been done for years - BAD owner) and were NOT happy yesterday.  We had a look at a cattery today.  It is also a boarding kennel and there was a lot of barking dogs but the cats that were there didn't seem fazed.  I would prefer just a cattery but they are few and far between and I want somewhere close to both houses.  They will pick up and deliver, too, which will be great.

We have started to pack.  The place looks like a tip.  Himself has registered online for a self storage facility and if they have the size we want we will start to shift boxes and bits down next weekend.  Because the new owners are taking so much of our old furniture I want to get stuff out so I don't inadvertently leave something behind.

The exercise took a bit of a back seat this week.  I went for a run on Tuesday morning and got caught in a massive downpour about half way down the street so I sloshed back and jumped back into bed.  A few late nights and wet mornings haven't helped things.  I have been doing a lot of research online looking for different programs to follow once we have moved.  Not sure yet whether to train by myself, join a gym or get a personal trainer.  I wouldn't mind having a go at a Body for Life style 12 week challenge and think I would need a trainer for good form and motivation.  Just need to find a good one.  I like the sound of Kek and think she would be an awesome trainer but she lives half way to Sydney and doesn't come down my side of town.  

Still not sure what is happening with work.  I could extend my contract for 3 months but I don't want full time work and I don't know if they will let me extend on a part time basis.  Not fussed, though.  Have so much to do down at the new place.

We went to a function at the golf club on Friday and met more new neighbours.  They are such a friendly bunch and there is a good mix of golfers and beginners so I am really looking forward to getting out there and learning properly.  

The boys are well.  One is around at the moment working on the website for the Mermaid's business.  Three is on leave and is going away for a few days with the new girlfriend.

I am loving my Macbook.  Much more user friendly than my old PC notebook.

And on that note I think I shall toddle off to bed.  4 days this week cos I am at a uni tute on Friday.

Photos will be forthcoming when One shows me how to get them off the PC and onto here.  I am still learning!

2 comments:

  1. I am voting for the personal trainer. You did so well under Fireman Sam's tutelage. Come to think of it, I could use a Fireman Sam in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Halfway to Sydney" - LOL. True... but I also do online training, and I have quite a few Melbourne girls who take that option. Plus some of them trek over for a one-on-one session once a month or so.

    BFL is a good option too...it served me well. :o)

    Email me, and I'll happily answer all your questions about BFL, online training or anything else you want to know.

    ReplyDelete