- The builders initially indicated that we would be in by mid august.
- they have installed the wrong kitchen
- Now we are looking at anywhere from 6 weeks to 8 weeks and then some
- although they can't blame that on the wrong kitchen
- but they are
- We have been given a customer service contact person
- He knows shit
- I could go on
- but I won't
4 weeks and we won't be here. not sure where we'll be but it won't be here!
We have been offered places to stay so we won't be homeless and we may rent a motel room or something. It's the cats I worry about. They will be in the cattery for at least a month and that's what makes me really cross cos if they'd given us this timeline from get go we would have moved out sooner and rented somewhere where we could have had the cats (and Three, although he's looking forward to staying with One and Fireman Sam).
On the plus side I have a day off tomorrow (de-greying and a walk or a sit and read - depends on the weather) and then we are going down to the golf club for dinner.
And I know that whatever happens, this time in 3 months we will be in our new house.
Blood might have been shed in the interim ...
Thus proving the maxim, "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong."
ReplyDeletePoor kitties.
Hi chick, thanks for visiting me blog... and the good wishes on our house sale. sounds like you are having issues too... hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain. Our house-building project has gone all pear-shaped too. Looks like the roof may have to come off and be redone from scratch now. Great.
ReplyDeleteCompletion date was supposed to be, like, right now. They have 3 weeks left under the contract... this is gonna cost them!