I rang the hospital this morning and was told that Two had had a pretty good night and had been 'relatively pain free'. Which didn't thrill me. Himself went in and saw him this morning as they were doing an ultrasound of his heart because he had had rapid heart rates overnight. WTF?! Obviously things are OK as he was moved to a general ward around lunch time.
My boss encouraged me to leave early so I did.
Himself and I went and saw Two who was quite dopey (pain meds) but hungry and bored which is a good sign. He is drinking well and managing soft foods and, most importantly, can swallow tablets. This means that Himself can go and pick him up at 9.00 tomorrow morning. He will be coming back here for a couple of days so the fridge is full of mush. Tasty mush. Like jelly and icecream and chocolate desserts and mashed potato. And lots of cold energy drinks.
Thank you, Mary and Chris, for your comments. I would love you to walk with me on my beach, Mary and I have great admiration for you, Chris, with 8 heartbreakers.
Himself is making me a bacon sandwich for dinner (he makes the BEST bacon sandwiches).
And tomorrow I am on a training day with my workmate. The session will be as boring as batshit but I will enjoy spending time with Ally. She and I are very similar but different enough to not irritate each other.
Three has gone to stay with One. Smartarse made a comment about leaving home. NOT well received!! But I'm glad he is there to keep One's mind off LGF.
Kids!
Okay, so why did he need to have this jaw-breaking procedure in the first place?
ReplyDeleteMiz s just asked the question I was going to ask! I hope Two gets home and copes with the pain.... a broken jaw sounds horrific.....poor bugger. Being bored is a great sign too, means he really is on the mend. I didn't get bored in hospital at all.... hmmmm.
ReplyDelete