
Our barbecue. We had a huge one in the old place which we only bought this time last year but when we got down here we realised it was way too big. I think One might inherit it! Anyway, we went out and bought a Weber Q and it is fabulous. We had the sense to get mains gas installed when we signed up so it's permanently connected with no need to lug gas bottles up and down the stairs. I was worried that it might not be big enough but we have cooked for over a dozen people on more than one occasion and it is plenty big enough. It's also good for just the two of us which was the hassle with the other one.

This is our fridge. The stair case is to the left and it was very difficult to get upstairs! But I love it. We have plumbed it in (after a couple of false starts cos Himself kept overtightening the connection and breaking the plastic so it leaked!) and have cold water all the time and ice that makes itself. Very civilised!
The reason I have shown you these photos is that I can't get my phone to talk to my macbook to upload photos of the actual house and furniture and stuff! And I haven't found the cord that links my camera to the computer! One day.
My boss just rang to offer me permanent part time work. I had an interview on Tuesday which was quite bizarre. I have been interviewed for positions within the same organisation but never for the job I'm currently doing. The good thing is that I now have permanent work and it's for 5 days a fortnight which is just perfect. It looks as if I'll work every Monday and Tuesday and every second Wednesday. Golf course here I come! It also means that I can keep on top of the housework and general maintenance. I spent over 5 hours cleaning today. Scrubbed out the showers, cleaned the shutters and the skirting boards as well as the normal stuff like dusting and vacuuming. I don't want things to get grubby.
It's 5 o'clock and I've just finished lunch!! Washing needs to be hung out and brought in. Himself is going out for a boozy dinner so it will just be Three and me tonight. Pizza I think. Then up at 6 for the gym (even on a day off!!). I will need to take Himself partway to work tomorrow as he is leaving his car and taking the train to the restaurant. I had planned to hit a major shopping centre early (Southland for those that know) to avoid the crowds and get a car park but don't know if that will happen after all. I need to sit down and make my lists cos I might actually get away with not having to go to the big shops at all.
This weekend I want to get the tree up. It's not feeling like Christmas at all.
And on that note I shall toddle off and read a book til Three gets home. At least he's only 20 minutes drive away now, not 2 hours!
How late is this? Love the fridge! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year mate.
ReplyDelete