In the old house we never worried about fly screens. Occasionally we would get a lazy old blowie in and it would get squashed or sprayed. Down here, however, is bug paradise. We have mossies, blowies and sundry other buzzlies. A few weeks ago Himself and One went on a road trip to visit stepson in Brisbane. I had the Mermaid over for a barbecue and we left the balcony door open. Big mistake. Three came to the rescue and sprayed fly spray around all the down lights which were attracting insects like, well, moths to a flame! We now have flyscreens. And an insect zapper on the balcony.
This is the view from the decking outside the living room door in the rental. It was a lovely spot but 6 weeks was too long to live in such a small place. And the final straw came after we'd moved out. We told the owner that the DVD player never worked whilst we were there. The aircon/heating wasn't working when we moved in and we had people coming in on several occasions to fix it; a power point had to be repaired; the oven didn't have instructions so we had to get them dropped off so you can understand why we didn't bother about the DVD player. We left the place spotless and the owner commented on how lovely it was. A couple of weeks after we moved I got a phone call from her saying that the DVD player wasn't the one she had put in there and it was a cheap and nasty from Aldi. I expressed horror that a tenant would do something like that and then she had the gall to tell me to ask Three about it as she was convinced that it must have been him or one of his mates. Oh no, lady. She didn't have a leg to stand on as she couldn't tell me when she last saw the damned player so she can go and accuse her previous tenants. Bitch. This was after we had spent a small fortune buying hifi stuff for this house - from Three and the hifi store he works for. I really don't think any of us would want a piece of crap from Aldi!Today I went and got my hair cut for the wedding on Friday. Himself is on his advanced driving course and having a ball. I have had my lunch (tuna, avocado and cucumber on corn thins - yum) and think I might curl up on the couch with a book for a few hours. I have vacuumed the carpets already and the washing is just about up to date. I know that the next 3 days are going to be really hectic at work because we have gastro on several wards so I shall take it easy whilst I can.
Sheba is sitting on the table on the balcony. I just wish she would use the cat door downstairs and go into the back courtyard. I had hoped that kittylitter would only be temporary but I think I am going to have to resign myself to having it for ever. At least I've found one that absorbs odours and doesn't track too badly.
Enjoy the week.
Three is funny, doing karate moves while spraying for bugs. I want more pictures of the new place!
ReplyDeleteMy kitties are indoor cats because we live near busy roads AND there are coyotes in the area. You wouldn't believe the number of "Lost Cat" signs I see around the neighborhood. Anyway, I hate the kitty litter thing but I have no choice. Do you use the clumping kind or the regular kind? It's all bad.
Funny photo of kid on bench! WE get mozzies and blowflies here too... but have not (as yet) resorted to fly screens and the like.
ReplyDelete