And this is from the fires still burning in the countryside around Melbourne. A good stiff breeze would blow the smoke away but would fan the fires.
The Foxtel man came and replaced the box ... again. Third box in 5 months. He says Foxtel know about the problem (faulty boxes/cables) but, as yet, haven't really fixed it. So we will wait and see if THIS box solves the problem (image dropping out) and if not Himself will be back on the phone. I have also arranged for someone to come and fix the fly screen door (an outdoor chair was blown over and gashed a hole in it ... only 4 months old and it's going to cost nearly $200 to fix. Bugger). I have arranged for someone from RACV security to come and connect our security system up to a back to base monitoring system. I feel happier being monitored and it reduces our insurance premium. So, even though I haven't done any exercise I have achieved something today.
I had plans to go for a bike ride this afternoon but with all this smoke I think I would be rather foolish. So I guess that gives me permission to sit and read or start the cross stitching kit I bought a couple of weeks ago. I need to go to the supermarket and get something for dinner. Not sure what. Himself always says he'll eat anything and when I suggest something he says he doesn't feel like it!! Three is working and won't be home til after 9 so I need something that can be kept warm or pre-prepared. I wish I had my cookbooks! I get a bit bored with cold meat and salad, chicken and salad, steak and salad ... although cold meat and salad might be the go this evening. We have found a fabulous deli (can't buy cold meat from the supermarket any more - it looks rather gross!) and if I hard boil some eggs I can make up the plates and leave them in the fridge. Don't I lead an exciting life?!
So I shall go and hang the sheets on the line (so they can absorb more smoke), pop across the river to the supermarket and then put my feet up and chill for the afternoon.
Uggh to all the smoke.. I hope that's all you get and not fire!
ReplyDeleteIt is so awful what has happened over there!
Good luck with the cross stitch, I've done that too. Eons ago!