Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Dentist

So back to work I went.  And boy have we been busy.  But a good busy.

Today I had off as a sick day so I could to the dentist and get the cracked tooth fixed.  I took my iPod and a book and listened to Mozart whilst the dentist numbed my mouth and drilled out the old filling.  I must say, it did not hurt a bit.  But I still didn't like it.  However, I have booked to have the three remaining amalgam fillings replaced with these porcelain onlays.  Two need doing (cracks) and one will probably crack in time to come.  He said that if I have them done now there will be less tooth to repair.  It was a fascinating exercise.  After he has removed the dodgy bits, he does something fancy with a gadget (I think it was some sort of camera) and a 3D image of my tooth came up on the screen.  More wizardry and a square of porcelain is shaped to match the hole in my tooth which was then cemented in.

And our health insurance is very generous so I doubt I'll be out of pocket much at all at the end of this.

It's a glorious Melbourne Autumn day.  Sunny, warm and no wind so I'm going to sit on the balcony and cross stitch for a bit.

1 comment:

  1. I would love love love to have all my old fillings replaced! But the cost and the fact that I am morbidly afraid of going to the dentist means... I won't be getting it done! Glad you had a good exerience though.

    ReplyDelete