Let me say that I have always admired quilters.
That feeling has just been multiplied by twenty zillion.
Tomorrow I will attempt to sew some squares together. I have a feeling that my respect and awe will be incalculable.
I'm not enamoured of the fabrics I chose but I will persevere. It is an experiment when all said and done.
I bought a book on quilting today. It has some good tips but I have yet to find something for the absolute rank beginner! Hence my overwhelming admiration of anyone who can put two or more pieces of fabric together and get something half decent.
But I haven't yet wanted to throw anything in the bin so all is good.
I made Himself another windcheater and it does fit better but still needs some tweaking. And I have fabric for an apron and a jacket for me. And I'm still cross stitching.
I baked another banana cake this afternoon. Not a success. The one I made a couple of weeks ago was deelish but this is bin fodder.
Oh well. Better in the waste than on the waist!!
No comments:
Post a Comment