Some people have already put their tree up and decorated it. Mine is in a box in the garage. At least I have a tree in a box in the garage. I bought it last week when I went shopping with Three (and fell over!). I managed to kill our artificial tree last year. I might get around to assembling and decorating the thing over the next few days. Not sure what else to do for decorations this year. We'll probably put the lights up on the balcony again.
I have been buying presents here and there without proper lists of who needs what. I really need to sit down and get those lists done so I can knock the shopping over sooner rather than later. I bought Himself a blood pressure monitor today! How romantic! He will be thrilled with it. Well, what else would you buy a 60 year old overweight male?
I also need to sit down and get my food lists and menus sorted. I'll concentrate on easy finger food with some bbq stuff thrown in as well. It gets expensive so I should start stocking up on that stuff as well.
This was last Christmas Eve. Yes the photo's a bit blurry but you get the idea. I hope the new tree will look OK. It's much smaller than the old one. Last year we went for a green and gold theme (from memory). We have done blue and silver, gold and silver, red and gold, and all the colours over the years (once we stopped using all the kids hand made stuff that they used to bring home from school and kinder). I thought they'd miss their offerings but they like the themes. This year the tree will be mainly silver with accents of red. At least it will if I can get my act together! I also need to buy some silvery table cloths and runners as my current ones are gold.
Himself dropped my stat dec, pass and keys back to work today. I can now consider myself unemployed. One more pay which will have my holiday pay included which will help with Christmas and then I should work out what 'budget' means.
Dinner's ready to go into the oven (mustard and dill chicken parcels with steamed brocollini and spuds). I am enjoying a rather noice savvy blanc. Himself has gone to the gym and Three should be home soon.
Life is pretty damn good (and will be better once I get Christmas under control).
Thanks for that ya tart! I can't wait to see YOUR tree.
ReplyDeleteMy tree is hard to theme with anything I like. It's completely artificial. Fully 6' tall made of black and gold tinsel.
ReplyDeleteHave only started my shopping today. I have my daughter's presents. Only what feels like another 150 to go!
Have a great festive break. :)
I suppose I should start putting a little energy towards Christmas. But first I need to get through Hannukkah...
ReplyDelete