Tuesday, 16 March 2010

I found my camera cable!


Whenever Himself sits down at his computer Thomas plunks down on his arm!  If Himself takes too long fiddling around Tom will sit and meow until Himself sits down and lets Tom on his arm.  And if something takes Tom's fancy he will swat the screen.




Remember I told you Himself was getting a tattoo for his 60th?  Well, this is it.  It continues right under the arm with more lotus flowers and water effects.  Not everyone's cup of tea (as Mother In Law keeps reminding us!) but I like it, Himself likes it and the boys like it.

Tomorrow morning I'm up at 5.00 to drive into the city to collect vaccines and be at my first immunisation gig by 7.15.  I'm working til 11.30.  Then on Thursday I'm working in the afternoon.  I have 9 of these ranging in numbers of vaccinees and hours allocated.  I've toyed with the idea of signing up with several agencies but thought I might get overwhelmed.  There is one other agency who might contact me and if I'm available I'll do a bit of work for them.  I also got a call today from the woman I spoke to back in January about doing home health assessments for local GPs.  That will kick off shortly and I can do them when I feel like it.

I am also investigating becoming a personal trainer.  My initial reaction when my PT suggested it was that I was too old, too overweight and too unfit.  As he pointed out women of a certain age prefer to be trained by someone who has trodden the same paths they have.  So that's another iron in the fire.  The immunisation work will only be for a couple of months; the health assessments are ongoing but I don't know how many will eventuate and the PT work would probably take some time to establish.  But I feel positive about my job prospects and at the moment it looks as if I can stay out of the hospital environment which is great.

We are experiencing a lovely late summer/early autumn spurt of warm weather.  Coolish nights but warm days - bliss.

Yesterday One and I went for a walk.  It was meant to be a short walk along the beach as we had a bit of a heart to heart about some issues that have been troubling him.  We walked for over 3 hours!  I haven't worked out how far we went but it was a lovely LONG walk.   Inappropriate footwear (thongs/flipflops) left me with a doozy of a blister on the sole of my right foot but One and I have agreed to do it again when we are both wearing decent shoes and carrying water!

And now I'm heading back out to the balcony to continue reading my book in the late afternoon sun.

3 comments:

  1. The ink is lovely. It's beautifully done. I'm a fan of ink, but have none myself.

    Glad things on the work front are sorting themselves out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I love the tattoo! It's a fish... I love fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, that is a HUGE tattoo! Go, Himself!

    ReplyDelete