Sunday, 7 March 2010

Wild Weather!

Melbourne had a massive storm yesterday.  Fortunately where we live was not badly affected which is unusual as we are usually in the path of weather when it blows up from the southwest.  This seemed to come more from the North.  Buildings were damaged, cinemas evacuated, flooding everywhere and hailstones the size of golf balls!  Two rang this morning to say he had been called into work as they were badly flooded (South Melbourne) and there is a lot of very expensive equipment they were hoping to salvage.  Once the power was restored!  GGF worked last evening and said the queues for cinema tickets were horrendous as three major complexes were shut down due to flooding and they were all directed to her complex!

There is more forecast today and the radar shows a large band to our North but still too far away to work out if it will hit Melbourne or slide away.

I lost another 1.1kgs on Friday taking me to a total of 11.3 kgs lost since I started this on 30th October last year.  Not as fast as I'd like but I keep reminding myself this is the way to do it.  It's still more than 500 gms a week on average.  I'm still waiting for someone who doesn't know I'm on WW to notice but I have received positive comments from those that do know!

The boys and 2/3 girls will be over for dinner.  I have cooked a lasagne but GGF and I will share a fillet steak as my lasagne contains massive amounts of butter and milk and cheese!  I have also made a lemon tart which is a WW recipe and it looks and smells delicious.  Almost dinner party standard.  If it tastes as good as it looks and smells then I will certainly make it for company and just pretty it up a bit.

GGF and I saw Dear John.  It is still not something I would see out of choice but it wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated.  The characters were a bit shallow and the plot was rather weak.  The kids saw Alice in Wonderland and all said it was great so GGF and I will see that next Friday.  She doesn't mind seeing it again.

I might venture out for a walk before the rain hits.  There should be quite a bit of water at the top of the river.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you didn't get any damage or flooding eh?
    Awesome loss girl, 500 grms a week is really great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you missed the worst of it. It's been some strange weather patterns lately, hasn't it.

    I've not seen Dear John. Not sure if I will. Let us know what you thought of Alice. :)

    ReplyDelete