Wednesday, 21 April 2010

recoloured!

Three years ago I was fortunate enough to have a colour and style analysis done by Imogen Lamport.  It has taken me to get well into my 50s before I have started to feel comfortable in my skin (and clothes!) and Imogen played no small part in that.  The lovely ladies at the Lancome counter at Myer in Southland have also helped so that I now wear makeup constantly (and confidently).

Imogen has spent the last year revamping her colour palettes and generously offered a free recolour (if that's the word!) to those who have consulted her in the past.  I had it done today and am thrilled with the results.  How exciting to find I fall into one of the new colour palettes (only slight different from the original, obviously!) and interesting to see that a lot of what I have bought recently fits into that palette.

A good reason to knuckle down with WW and my PT so I can go and buy a whole new wardrobe!!

I have been told that colour and style analysis is an indulgent use of money but I beg to differ.  If I follow the guidelines I know that everything will suit and coordinate.  No wasted money hanging, unworn, in the closet.  And, boy, did I have a lot of that in the past.  I threw out clothes I had never, ever worn.  How's THAT for waste?

Imogen also writes a fabulous blog which is entertaining and educational.  Go have a read.  And if you live in Melbourne, consider a consultation.

A bonus of driving to the other side of town was picking Mrs Other up on the way and hitting Doncaster again.  Koko black for breakfast.  Yum!  And within points!!  We mosied around the place looking for something I could buy for Himself for our 33rd wedding anniversary tomorrow.  I WAS A CHILD BRIDE!!!!!  A couple of books and a bracelet from the jewellery booth at the local shops and I'm hoping he likes them.

Work is fantastic.  Unfortunately it will wind down now.  If I could do this all year I would be in seventh heaven.  Hopefully I will be able to do it again next flu season.  In the mean time I might be able to do the teaching stuff and still have to make the final decision about training to be a personal trainer.

What I DO know is that I am never ever again going to work in a job that I don't enjoy.  Life is too short and precious.

Pea, bacon and mushroom risotto for dinner.  Better get started.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm maybe I should get my colours done too! I'm sure I don't really suit black!
    So glad you have enjoyed the job....
    Gawd your dinner sound so nice. *drooling*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rissotto sounds lovely.

    Oh colours! I would like to have that done. For me ... once upon a time a lass I worked with got hers done. Then spent the next several months advising the other ladies what to wear.

    33 years! Congrats. That is so rare nowadays. I sometimes wonder if we will get that far - MOTH doesn't think so, his dad died of a heart attack at a fairly young age. But we've made it to 26 this year so tracking well. :D

    ReplyDelete