Today I have had some amazing encounters with young 'uns.
I spent the day at a defensive driving course thanks to Himself. His gift to me for our 33rd wedding anniversary. Hmm.
I had a ball, learned heaps and got to hang out with a fabulous group of brand new drivers. There was an element of hoon - and it smelt a lot of testosterone. The girls were amazing and give me hope for future generations of drivers. Having said that, though, I was also very impressed with certain young men who were able to recognise certain driving traits that could be dangerous and address and rectify them. This was, in no small count, due to the tolerance and understanding of the trainers. I can't wait to do the second level and am soooo much more aware of my driving. This old dog has certainly learnt some new tricks!
Tonight was our usual family Sunday dinner. Himself, me, the three boys, the three girlfriends and Chippy (friend of One who has adopted (been adopted by) the family. There was a program on the Australian flag and they all sat down and watched it and created lively debate about said flag. I was blown away by the thought, understanding and consideration that went into the discussion. They're now watching Underbelly!!
Tomorrow is a public holiday - this is good!
What an interesting anniversary present! Though I am sure you could do WITHOUT the smell of testosterone... ikkkk... teenage boys!
ReplyDeleteWow. It sounds like it was very useful and probably something we should all pursue. Maybe they should build it into the requirement for learner drivers.
ReplyDelete