Well at least for today and we take these one day at a time.
Three is home with a nasty tonsillitis - poor kid. At least it's stopped him smoking and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will last.
On Wednesday I went for a lovely long walk with a good friend and then lunch. This is becoming a weekly thing that I really look forward to. Good walks, good company, good food - what more can a girl ask for. Next week we might have another join us. Yay.
Yesterday I went and saw the parents. Dad had a fall on Wednesday but seemed none the worse for wear - I will get the doctor to check him out. I rang the village manager yesterday and asked him to send the doc around yesterday afternoon but he forgot! Not Happy.
After I had seen the folks I took One to lunch (he paid) and then we went to Bunnings and bought a whole heap of plants for his garden. That's two sons who have discovered gardening. We bought roses and carnations and other bits and pieces and he was stoked. Today I went around and helped him plant them and the bed looks awesome. He is thrilled.
WW this morning. The new programme is rolled out in just over a week and I can't wait. Mrs Other was down for the birth of her great nephew and came to the meeting. Afterwards we all went for coffee and met up with another couple of WWers. It's great to chat with like minded people about all sorts of things.
Tonight we went to the club with the usual suspects and few more. It was a good meal with good company. Then home for some good Brit crime shows.
The happy pills and the therapy are working. The therapy particularly. It's so refreshing and reassuring to have the skills to deal with the negative mind play.
Himself is doing well on WW. 4 kilos down and still going. He has basically stopped drinking (a huge thing for him) and is eating really well. I just wish he could also find a happy place in his head but work issues make it hard.
Chris has made me some great bags which I plan to give for Christmas presents. I'm trying to keep costs down this year and if I can purchase from a mate and help fill their coffers then that's even better. Plus Chris is one talented tart who makes some amazing things.
And on that note I shall try and forget that Christmas really is just around the corner!
*I apologise for lack of photos. I'll rectify this soon*
It's so good to read that you are finding your own happy place. I'm sure there will still be the odd black day but here's to the longer and longer period between them.
ReplyDeleteIt definitely would be nice if Himself could find his happy place as well. Ah well, roll on retirement!
Good luck to all. Even the garden. And I'd raise a glass, if I had one.
:)
*lol. my word verification is peswents. i'm sure those bags from chris would make excellent christmas peswents!*
Hee hee... me thinks Sol wants a bag Sparkling!
ReplyDeleteI bought two of Chris's bags too! Getting anxious, though, cause it's been almost two weeks and the first one still hasnt' arrived :-( Can't wait to get my mits on it!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear at least your head is in a good place. It's hard watching others struggle and being powerless to help. They have to fight their own demons, but sometimes they drag you down with them (unintentionally of course). It's tough to keep that distance.
good luck with WW. Worked for me a few years ago, till I started full time work. Then my butt spread again. Never mind. Keep trying.. :-)
my word is "rentomi"... maybe I can rent-tumm-i space for advertising??? LOL!