"In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on" - Robert Frost
Thursday, 18 November 2010
Meet Angus
He's an 8 week old german shepherd pup. We picked him up on Sunday from a breeder on the other side (way on the other side) of town. The cats are not impressed but they aren't frightened of him which I suppose is good. Blood hasn't been shed yet but I feel it's only a matter of time!
We are learning all about house training and 'no biting' training and 'oh shit he got in through the cat door' training.
I have taken him to see mum and dad twice this week and they love him. I think it gives them something else to focus on.
Dad is a bit better this week but is definitely slowly deteriorating.
I had my group therapy, psych appt and first consult with the naturopath this week. I also got a phone call from the GP clinic asking to see me soon ... I'm guessing my bloods I had done last week aren't the best! Seeing as my psych duplicated most of the tests except cholesterol I'm guessing it's that. Interestingly I am still peri-menopausal (thank god I had the hysterectomy when I did) and we are waiting for the results from the stress markers. The naturopath was very interesting and he is prescribing me some herbs and supplements. I remain open minded.
And on that note I shall end this brief update. Angus wakes early and I am sleep deprived!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Angus is beautiful! Good luck with the tests. :)
ReplyDeleteTrying to catch up on other people's blogs -- I am so out of the loop these days. Somehow I missed the whole psychiatrist thing. Good for you for being proactive about your mental health. As for your Dad, here's to hoping that yours and mine both go peacefully in their sleep without a lot of crazy interventions.
ReplyDeleteOh, and...CUTE PUPPY!!
ReplyDeleteAnugs is ADORABLE! I am sure you are going to love him to bits, and the freakin cats will just have to get used to him.
ReplyDeleteThe available bags are on my blog (sidebar) now.