He went without a toothbrush until Dr Teacher took one in on Saturday (Dad went in on Tuesday). This was in spite of me asking for one on Thursday.
Dad's clothes were taken away, much to his distress, and returned - unlabelled.
No newspaper - again despite numerous requests.
Dad said the food was awful - which is unusual for Dad. Sunday breakfast was cold porridge, cold toast and lukewarm tea. On Thursday he was given bacon and egg with no egg and no fork.
And the best bit? On Thursday night I received a phone call informing me that Dad had had a fall and had sustained some skin tears and bruising but was otherwise OK and I was receiving this call as it is the facility's policy. And he had refused his dinner. I was most concerned about the latter as Dad never refuses food (he is too polite) but when I stressed my concern I was told that I had been contacted re the fall as that was their policy. I rang Dr Teacher and asked him to go over and check (he's 15 minutes away, I'm an hour) and the facility rang back. To tell me they had pulled the wrong file and Dad was fine.
Sorry. good bye.
Mum enjoyed the break and says she has had time to work out some coping strategies.
We'll see.
*********************************************************
Angus. 12.5 weeks old.

And these people are running respite care?? That's atrocious. How the heck do they get their accreditation? *shakes head*
ReplyDeleteHopefully the silver lining is helping your mum.
Angus is gorgeous. :)
I hope you never have to take your Dad there again... what plonkers. They are obviously all talk and no DO. Idle promises to get him in there and only seeing the $'s.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad he's out of there. I hope your mom will be able to manage better now. This is so hard for everybody.
ReplyDelete