Wednesday, 11 July 2012

I can use the internets



Two and his girlfriend (Mad) have been giving me grief (well, Two has) about my web savviness.  Teasing me about using The Youtube and The Facebook but not up with The Tumblr (at least I can spell it, I think!) and I have no idea about the Twitty thing.

He was, however, mildly impressed when I told him I've been blogging since 2001!!  Sadly the original one got cancelled when a then online friend told me some stuff and nonsense and, in my ignorant naivety, I wiped the whole thing.  I wish I hadn't now.

So.

Himself is more or less settled in Sydney.  He has his studio apartment and was delighted when he got home on Friday night to be greeted by the dogs at the front door.  Angus heard him arrive before Bonnie or I did.

My man flu was, I think, flu.  Not just a nasty cold.  I had the chills, the temps, the aches, the headache etc and have been left feeling ooooh so tired. 

The whole eating/weight thing is doing my head in and all I'm doing is gaining weight.

My mental health is much better, though.  Our group has had some sessions with a psychologist and she has this amazing ability to pick the deep truth out of a statement and throw it back.  I plan to have ongoing sessions with her if the health fund covers it.

The dogs and the cats are showing signs of wanting to get to know each other.  At this stage the dogs are well and truly on the lead but there is much wagging of doggy tales and not much hissing or flooffing up from the cats.  Maybe one day.

One turns 28 tomorrow.  Where have the years gone?  The boys +/- girls will be over for dinner.

And on that note I shall go and read my book.  Chocolate might or might not be on the agenda.

1 comment:

  1. Whoo! It's great when chocolate is on my agenda when I read.

    I'm glad Himself is settling in. I did an 8 month stint working away from home and I found it difficult, missing MOTH and the kids and at the same time enjoying the 'alone' thing.

    I'm also glad you found a session psychologist you like. Sometimes I think that's the problem, finding someone you like and are willing to talk to. :)

    Happy birthday One!

    ReplyDelete