Saturday, 11 October 2014

A quick one



Himself and I are about to go out to dinner with Ebs' mum and stepdad.  We are fortunate to get on well with One's inlaws.  It's a good thing that they asked us out as Himself and I do have a tendency to hibernate and just enjoy each others company.  Not really healthy in the long term.

Today we bought a whole lot of LED downlights to replace our halogen ones.  We have been assured by many this will have a positive effect on our electricity bill.  We are also looking at getting solar panels.  Anything to save a bit of money in retirement!

Ebs' step dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer a year ago and on the advice of his oncologist has been following a plaeo way of eating since.  The difference in them both is amazing and he is doing well with his cancer battle.  All things that keep prodding me in that direction.  It's just a huge change and one we will need to make together or it will be hard to stick to.  Himself and I both have some significant niggling health issues that I know will resolve with diet.  *sigh*

OK.  time to go.  I'll pop back in the next day or so.



2 comments:

  1. Heard so much about that diet too. Not sure it's for me yet, I can't give up chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that diet is supposed to be good, but going on any 'specific' diet does not work for me.
    I rebel.
    WE are thinking of changing to LED lights too... but the cost is rather high to do it!

    ReplyDelete