So .... it's been nigh on 3 months since Himself stopped work. Initially it went better than I expected but of late, it's not been so good. He feels useless, worthless. Stays up till 3 in the morning and then doesn't get out of bed til midday. And I am also staying up late and getting up late. Not as late as he is but still not good.
It took a while before he put in motion the necessaries for the aged pension. And then I had to complete the forms. Which is fine as I LOVE form filling! Just not with a cantankerous old sod breathing down my neck! Ditto his tax returns.
We have had a few words and more silences but I think we are moving through it all.
I have made a list of things we can do. Day trips, house stuff, short trips away. The thing is that I have some friends and he doesn't really have any. And for the last two years he lived in Sydney Monday to Friday so I was on my own and had a routine.
Anyway ... life goes on and we will muddle through. It'll be 40 years since we met come Feb. I'm not planning on changing things anytime soon!
On Friday it would have been Dad's 96th birthday. This time last year Mum was being very difficult and had basically stopped eating. This was always her attention seeking behaviour but I think she pushed it too far this time and her body had no reserves. She died just over 2 weeks after Dad's birthday. What with this and Christmas the next few months will be hard.
So I'm not in the best place at the moment but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. My eating and exercise are total crap. I have to have a blood test shortly and a follow up with the GP for repeat meds. Not looking forward to that ... my liver isn't very happy with me and I'm sure the doc will have something to say about it.
OK. Enough of the doom and gloom misery guts.
Dare I say it... that all sucks.
ReplyDeleteI hope your hubby can find a hobby or craft or group to join that interests him.
I dread when Stew finally stops working, he only likes watching sport on TV.
Surely it has to get better, right? I'm sure that Himself will work it out, I've heard that some find retirement a difficult adjustment to make.
ReplyDeleteHugs and good vibes your way.