Wednesday, 19 November 2014

It's getting to that tough time

Today is 12 months since I had my last conversation with Mum.  She was very vague and had been getting that way for a week or so.  She had also not been eating properly for some time but that was not unusual.

I called in to see her on my way to the airport on my way to Sydney to spend a few days with Himself.  I hadn't planned to but the nursing home staff rang me and said she wasn't quite right.  She recognised me and was quite pleasant.  She and Dad were having morning tea. I had no idea that she was on borrowed time.

On the home front ...

Life is a bit of a challenge.  Himself and I have to get used to spending time together when for the last 2 and a bit years we had less than 48 hours a week.

I have signed up for market research and some mystery shopping which should be fun.  I have applied for a job ... worst job application I have ever submitted but it's more to appease Mr Centrelink.

And on that note I shall go and see if there is anything new on Seek that I can put into my report for Mr Centrelink so I keep getting my govt allowance.

Sheesh.



1 comment:

  1. Sad memory mate.
    I am sure you and the hubby will get used to each other again.
    Good luck on the job front.

    ReplyDelete