I know it's been a while.
The thing is nothing really happens around here. We sort of lurch from day to day.
The whole Lite n Easy thing went by the wayside. Himself decided it was too expensive/he could do as well on his own and, well, that was that. The frustrating thing is that had we stuck with it I would be so close to where I wanted to be. Noone to blame but me, I know.
A friend bought me a copy of Pete Evans' Going Paleo as a thank you for helping her out when she had a hip replacement. I have always leaned towards this way of eating (although I do think Pete is a bit too out there for me ... too much hippy stuff!) and Ebs' step father was actually told to eat this way by his oncologist! I am having a read of the book and will see if I can convince Himself to at least give this a go. Which will mean he has to stop buying bread and popcorn! At least until I've weaned myself off these foods. I know he would do anything for me and wants me to be happy but I wish he would actually hear what I am saying to him sometimes instead of assuming he knows what I'm trying to tell him.
On that front, we are now dealing with his ageing parents and the inevitable consequences. Like me, he hasn't had a particularly good relationship with his parents and is now having to deal with the ramifications of this. I have noticed a significant deterioration in my father in law but Himself just sees the cantankerous old bugger he's always been. I am trying to explain that he needs to be a bit more gentle and patient with both his parents. My brother in law has been diagnosed with bowel cancer and has had surgery which means he cannot drive my mother in law to the shops. I have taken on that role (Himself would kill her within 5 minutes) which is challenging. My father in law is crippled with arthritis. He can barely walk and has had numerous falls but insists he can still drive! Needless to say there have been many discussions on that issue. My inlaws don't seem to understand that "just driving locally" is still unsafe when your ability to react to anything on the road is next to nothing.
We had a bit of a win with Dad's taxation dramas. We only had to pay the ATO $102,000!! It's a year next week since he died. Hopefully we will get all this stuff sorted within in the next 6 months. Mind you, we are dealing with a Hong Kong bank and hell might freeze over before we get the funds from them.
On a brighter note I am really enjoying learning new crafty things. I have given crocheting a go (never learned to as a child), still doing some candlewicking and quilting and have a few different projects underway. I am making a few things as gifts for friends. The materials aren't that expensive but they are time consuming and I'm sure the recipients will love what I'm making for them.
And with that I shall go and work on a blanket I'm knitting ....
Hello and welcome back. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, that's a shame with the Lite n Easy. It would have been interesting to see what you thought. I did find it a little hard on the wallet when I researched.
I would like to get into the crafty stuff too. I never learned to crotchet but I would like to learn tatting.
Good luck with the inlaws. MOTH's parents are both deceased so that's something I don't have to work with. Thank heavens.
Family dramas... I hope your hubby can deal with his parents in a kinder way at some point... though years of conditioning might be hard to overcome.
ReplyDeleteI have a love/hate relationship with my mother, but mostly I can only tolerate her in small doses.
Good luck and have fun with all your craft projects. try not to have too many on the go at any one time!