Saturday, 17 January 2015

Fat Brain

Yesterday was our second weigh day.  I lost another 1.2 kgs taking my total loss to 4kgs. Himself has also lost weight.

The problem is that my fat/diet brain is starting to play games with me.

I think that as one puts on weight one manages to avoid looking in mirrors or really seeing what is there and therefore is blissfully unaware of how bad the situation is.  Once a decision has been made to address things then the mirror is a constant in the scheme of things and a constant reminder of how bad things actually were.

It took me over 12 months this time to get to this size and it's going to take quite a few months to rectify the situation.

Unfortunately, I want it all NOW!

Also, this is so unlike any 'diet' I have ever been on that I feel it can't possibly be working.  I don't feel hungry.  I don't feel deprived.  I have no cravings (apart from wine but that's a whole different issue!).

We are really happy with Lite n Easy.  The food has been fantastic and when there was a small problem with Himself's recent order (a leaky yoghurt, squashy kiwifruit and crushed egg - suggesting poor packing or handling) the customer service was outstanding.  We are going to lunch at the club tomorrow to say goodbye to some friends and I am really resenting the fact that I will have to eat sub par (haha - it's a golf club!) food when I would rather my lite n easy lunch.  I will see if I can get away with something very light and then come home and enjoy a decent lunch.

We are still struggling to get used to this whole retirement lifestyle.  We need structure and focus in our lives.  At least we are aware of this so gives us something to work on.  I just hope that Himself gets into a better frame of mind soon as he is very down.

Early days ...

2 comments:

  1. Hubby needs a hobby! Golf? something to keep him occupied.
    So happy your diet is going well, so is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Chris, he needs to find a hobby. But you're losing weight, that's fantastic. I'd love to do it but I haven't because it's more expensive than my weekly spend on groceries. Good luck and I hope it continues for you. :)

    ReplyDelete