Monday, 5 January 2015

Lite and Easy Day 3 review and starting Day 4

 Day 3

This was lunch.  The soy chicken tender with an Asian salad, peking bbq sauce in a wrap. Himself's wrap was broken so he ate it like this:


This was mine as a wrap!  You can see from the above shot how much you actually get in the wrap and it was delicious.

Dinner last night was a butter chicken.  The chicken was really tasty but I wasn't happy with the texture of the rice.  It could be because I tried heating it in the oven.  Next time I will microwave and see if that makes a difference.  Himself had the Tasmanian Salmon Pasta and loved it.

I had the chocolate cake with my iced coffee and it was fine.  The ciabatta with tomato bruschetta was also tasty

My after dinner snack was breakfast's kiwi fruit with the golden raisin mix and, again, a pleasant way to end the day without feeling deprived or stuffed!

*********************

Day 4

Breakfast this morning was a toasted muffin with ham, cheese and tomato popped under the grill.  I read in one of the many reviews I found when researching Lite and Easy that someone complained about having to prepare their own breakfasts!  I wonder how they thought they would get toast.  Or eggs.  Or grilled cheese. I must say, I love the little bit of effort it takes to put some of the breakfasts and lunches together.  It adds to the whole enjoyment of eating the meal and I think enhances the feeling of being satisfied as the brain registers the preparation and anticipation of the meal.

And it was really nice:
 I had walked the dogs this morning and was meeting a friend for coffee (I had black tea *polishes halo*) so didn't have the cereal that went with breakfast.  That may well be my after dinner snack for a change this evening.

Lunch was a hamburger.  The hamburger patty was frozen and I zapped it for a minute as per instructions.  It didn't come out grey and soggy as I expected and was really tasty.  Again, a small roll and a small patty but more than adequate with a slice of beetroot, tomato and baby spinach leaves.  No photo ...a) I was hungry! and b) I think we all know what a hamburger looks like.

A red apple completes lunch and I have a cinnamon oat bar and popcorn for snacks later and an orange left over from breakfast.

Dinner will be tortilla stacks for Himself and a beef and red wine casserole for me.

Yesterday afternoon we sat down and worked out our menus for the three weeks starting next week (we have already ordered tomorrow's delivery).  I think we will save time by doing this on a monthly basis and I will know the orders are in. As Lite and Easy operates on a 4 weekly cycle this works well.  Our credit card will only be debited before each order is delivered and we can change our orders up to 11am on the day before deliveries.

#################

Himself asked me if I felt any different.  We both agreed that we are feeling a lot less bloated and uncomfortable.  I just can't wait until the weight starts to shift and I no longer cringe when I catch sight of my reflection in shop windows.  

I didn't get this overweight overnight and I know it will take time to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment