Saturday, 9 January 2021

Some things change and some stay the same

 



It looks as if mask wearing will be with us for the foreseeable future. Our Northern neighbours (in Australia) are now experiencing what Victoria went through last year. Lockdowns, compulsory mask wearing, signing in at venues and businesses, limits on numbers in private houses ... the list goes on.

Hopefully the vaccine roll out will continue and before too long we will have developed a herd immunity (which comes from vaccinations NOT from contracting the disease - think measles in the 50s and 60s). That is as long as enough people get vaccinated and don't jump on the conspiracy bandwagons.

We are experiencing some very warm days at the moment. My veges are going gangbusters. I just hope I didn't wait too late to plant so we can get some decent crops before the cooler weather arrives. 

Last week ended up being quite a busy week for me with something on everyday. This is not good for my mental health - even though they were all pleasurable things I need days to just sit and be. Hopefully this week will be quieter. Monday is forecast to be super hot so definitely a day indoors with the aircon on. Painting, crocheting or reading will be on the agenda. It's the dog I feel for as we won't walk her when it's too hot. She's got a black coat and heats up very quickly and even though she is getting soooo big she is only 5 and a half months old so her body regulatory systems are still developing.

Time for an icy cold gin and soda. 

1 comment:

  1. Dammit, I forgot you were blogging again! It is stinkin' hot here too... and we hardly ever walk the dogs. It's just too hot for them, and us. My vege garden is coming to and end... everything is dying.

    ReplyDelete