Wednesday, 23 August 2023

Paradise


I went to coffee group and had a wonderful time. I am feeling like I fit in.

Afterwards I was on the phone to the Mermaid and pulled into a car park at the bottom of the hill as I lose reception as I drive up the hill. This was my view as I sat and chatted to her. Swans and Pelicans glided past. A small boat putt-putted past. It was just so lovely and peaceful.

I told her our house was going to be sold and suggested she buy it! She would have enough left to buy a small one bedroom apartment somewhere in Melbourne as a place to stay and she could even rent it out as an air BnB. She won't, though.

I got the paperwork from the agent today saying the house is going on the market. I am not sure what the marketing strategy will be but we can be compensated for opens for inspection. I am a bit edgy about the timing of this but worrying won't fix it so I shall just wait until we get more information before deciding whether to look for another lease. I really don't want to as this house is perfect and moving twice will be a pain and breaking a lease could be costly if our house gets finished before a new lease expires. Oh, the joys of renting. I don't know how Three does it.

I need to unpick some knitting but the evening light is poor and my close vision isn't good and once again, I have left it too late in the day and the sun has set. I went to start another project but realised I needed to wind the wool and I am not sure where my ball winder and swift are. So I thought I would work on a jumper that I started for Himself (last year, hush) but I don't know where the needles are. 

I can see some time spent in the garage tomorrow trying to find things.

I might even get out on the bike.

11 comments:

  1. "I needed to wind the wool..." doesn't the wool already come wound?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, River. Fancy wool comes in skeins that need to be wound or you end up with a dogs breakfast. And I am nothing if not fancy!

      Delete
  2. I assume Mermaid is a long standing friend. That would be a nice person to have in life.

    Your pause at the bottom of the hill sounds very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wind wool around a chair! It sounds a little unsettled about the house. I hope you don't have to move again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember holding yarn for my mother and grandmother as they wound it. A swift and yarn winder create less mess and, trust me, less mess where I am concerned can only be a good thing! The house is unsettling but at the end of the day we have a roof over our heads unlike many so I am not going to stress.

      Delete
  4. Oh Lord. That is unsettling. And all of that moving you just did! But you'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pain in the bum for you.
    Maybe it won’t sell and you can stay there. Let’s hope it take a few months at least
    Not being able to find your needles is a great excuse to go shopping
    I’m good at finding excuses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except there is nowhere here that sells the needles I like!
      Property does move very slowly here so fingers crossed!

      Delete
  6. The Stalker
    Sparks, when there are opens take your false teeth and valuables with you plus hide photos of hubby in case some widow is looking for a useful handsome old bloke as well as a house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it interesting that they actually said this:
      "We would appreciate your assistance in ensuring the property is presented in neat and tidy condition throughout the sales campaign."
      No mention of false teeth though.

      Delete