Sunday, 11 February 2024

Weekend

Isn't it strange how even when one is retired the weekend is still a thing?

Yesterday the excavator man was up doing his thing which was tidying up the block after the slab etc so the bricks can be delivered and installed. He, and the chippies on Friday, have the place looking fantastic. I wonder if Himself's constant supply of cold drinks made a difference.

Apparently the antics of NN are spreading amongst the trades with some amusement. Recently during a downpour our concrete lads sheltered in her garage and copped a torrent of abuse from her until she realised they had also laid her slab and then she was all sweetness and light! They are actually allowed on her build as they have been inducted and carry the correct cards - she is not.

We took the dogs for a walk down the path that leads from our place. I am pacing myself and using this as a guage as to my ability to walk a bit further each time. The back and hip are still sore but I am able to push that little bit more each walk. 

Today we went into Bairnsdale so Himself could get an SD card for the camera he bought for his car (from Aldi, no less). We then went to Coles to get things we can't get here - like Harissa paste!

I am struggling with the whole NN thing. She is stuck in my head and I really need to get her out. 

I have a busy week so maybe that will help.



12 comments:

  1. I don’t blame you. She would definitely be on my mind constantly too.
    Hopefully once your in she keeps to herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will be in before us. I hope she just hides in her bloody house!

      Delete
  2. I think NN needs to be changed to MW, Mad Woman. I don't condone violence but perhaps you could confront her and slap her face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MW is perfect. Believe me, Andrew, I have thought of that and then some!

      Delete
  3. My mother used to say that mental illness in others was one of the hardest things for stable people to handle. It's destabilizing for everyone around the person. I hope you figure out how to keep your own calm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't help that her mother has early stage dementia and that often comes with increased paranoia. I think they feed off each other.

      Delete
  4. I've got a situation that's stuck in my head too involving someone else. It's taking up way too much space in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a horrid feeling, isn't it, Mary? I hope you can evict that person from your brain soon.

      Delete
  5. Fingers crossed she calms down but it seems unlikely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the courts if I have to resort to them but I really don't want to. I think it might tip her over the edge.

      Delete
  6. It's so exciting once the bricks start going up :) Hopefully NN will stay inside her own home once it is built.

    ReplyDelete