Sunday, 26 May 2024

A quiet weekend

Yesterday we went to our favourite cafe for brunch. Delicious as always. We bought some fresh out of the oven meat pies to reheat for dinner and a couple of vanilla slices for dessert. Oh my goodness those pies were the best I have had in a very, very long time.

Other than that it has been a stay at home weekend. I have completed another set of diamond dot coasters - this time for Ebs although I am sure she won't use them but I had fun making them.

We have watched two seasons of Orange is the New Black are debating whether to take a break. It's pretty intense to binge the whole series.

Himself has gone to get fish and chips for dinner. I am getting a bit worried about his mental health as he worries about his physical ailments. 

The view from the balcony today. I love the colours in the ocean.






 

10 comments:

  1. I hope he does better. Is he waiting on surgery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will be having a procedure in 3 weeks which will, hopefully, give us the answer to one issue. His cardiologist has put him on a new drug but he worries about dying in his sleep. His teeth are giving him grief and look like costing a small fortune - once he's found a dentist down here. All legitimate concerns but he does tend to be a bit of a glass half empty person.

      Delete
  2. I think that 99% of growing old with someone is worrying about their mental and physical health as much as worrying about your own. Weren't these supposed to be the golden years?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the upcoming procedure and the new drug will but his mind to rest. I have been told teeth issues can trigger a multitude of health problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can indeed. I remember caring for a young woman who had endocarditis caused by a tongue piercing. The oral bacteria got into her blood stream and bang - one very sick young lady.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous views. We were just in Mexico in March and the gulf was this unreal turquoise I've never seen anywhere else. Good luck to himself ... dental issues definitely do impact overall health and in particularly cardiac health. Hopefully he can get the dental issues taken care of without too big of a hit to the budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has always been a worrier about his health but it has got worse since his brother died of bowel cancer in 2018.
      The colours of the ocean never cease to amaze me.

      Delete
  5. As we age we all start to think of how our issues affects our lives. And of course or mortality. Women are usually at the doctors lots in our youth as having babies, means we are there all the time talking about our worries But men, especially those that are never sick, really get down when they realise they’re not twenty anymore. Just keep listening and talking, that’s what I’m doing right now. And encourage them to see the GP to have all the tests just a normal physical

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your views are incredible. Will you have such good views at your new home?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love looking at the ocean.

    ReplyDelete