Hopefully you can get an idea of why I am so thrilled with the way Atilla the tiler has matched up the corners. They are all like this.
Yesterday was coffee group. There were only three of us but we still managed to cover immigration, cataracts, rural health, acoustics, real estate, cars, cakes and the olympics. The cakes were as a result of a couple passing through and stopping for a bite to eat and eyeing off the cake display. We convinced them to call in on their way home to try even more!
I left there feeling very happy and upbeat and we went up to the house where we snuck in through the unlocked back door (hush) and had a quick looky look.
We then did the usual drive around the estate and I started to text Three about something. As we were driving past Nutcase's house we slowed to look at the retaining wall she has installed using the same sleepers as ours and thus commenting on whether we should have done the same (answer "no" in case you were wondering). Out of the corner of my eye I saw her come out of her house and the next thing she is accusing me of taking photos. I said I was texting my son and we drove off.
I was really upset. Stupidly upset but still upset. I thought she was better but more fool me.
That woman really has way of getting into my head and I realise that I am letting her in my head but it's hard to stop it.
HImself took the dogs for a walk around the estate today and she was outside. He asked her what yesterday was about and long story short she apologised. He told her that I had held hopes of maybe being able to at least have a coffee with her after her change in attitude and she said that would have been nice. Well I certainly won't be making any approach to her now. I will do a lot to keep the peace with other people but she has had too many opportunities.
I kept asking myself why I was so upset and I think it's because of her lies. I hate being lied to or about.
Today I did a few loads of washing, washed the WHITE floor tiles downstairs where the dogs have left muddy footprints, finished a set of diamond dot flamingo coasters for Three and started a set of skull coasters for Ebs. I have a weird family.
Tomorrow I am going into Traralgon to donate plasma. I had emailed the blood bank to make sure they would take it with my hip surgery coming up and the rules have changed so they can. I made sure a note was put on my file to this effect as I am not going to be happy if I drive two hours to be told they won't take it.
Three had an unexpected day off work today so he took Sally out of school and they had a daddy/daughter day. They went to Chadstone and Sally loved it because "it is so Paris-y"! They went to Tiffany's and she was given a chocolate to commemorate her first visit (and probably her last for a long time!). They pretended they were rich and visited all the upmarket shops and he drove her through Toorak. He remembers me taking them out of school for random days and I am so glad he is doing the same with his kids. This is how memories are made.
Lamb for dinner and a couple of gins. Well I am meant to drink plenty of fluids before my plasma donation! I know, I know .....

That tiling is unbelievable, how do they do this!! I don’t think you can have any sort of relationship with Nutcase, I always like to know where I stand, these types will send you loopy. I understand wanting to be nice to people, but sometimes it just doesn’t work through no fault of your own. I know you are aware of this. And good on you for donating plasma, I’m a whole blood donor, my bladder does not allow me to sit there for an hour, have tried it twice, so disappointing. Marie, Cheltenham
ReplyDeleteLifeblood is desperate and I have only just managed to squeeze this last donation in before the op. It will be 6 months before I can donate again. I hope more people step up this winter. Good on you for being a whole blood donor.
DeleteVery upsetting about the unbalanced lady. I think your plan to avoid where possible is the best idea.
ReplyDeleteI think I have finally learned my lesson!
DeleteI think your neighbor has a problem, plain and simple. Something is just not right with her and you are probably wise to steer clear.
ReplyDeleteAttila has done an amazing job!
I am always jealous of kids whose parents take them out of school for a day of together-time. My parents would never have done that. If school was in, we had to be there.
Disappointing but not really surprising that your neighbor is still "odd". The tile looks lovely.
ReplyDeleteThe tile is absolute perfection!
ReplyDeleteYour neighbor is f**king nuts. You can't change that so best to just avoid her, I would think.
I used to take my kids out of school sometimes too, just for the joy.
They have such wonderful memories of those times. I am glad I did it and I am glad Three is continuing the tradition.
DeleteThat is truly excellent tile work! You got a winner with Attila.
ReplyDeleteHe is also a lovely bloke
DeleteSounds like Sally had a wonderful day....as far a MW goes, I think you shouldn't even look in her direction or have any contact at all...maybe just your husband as he walks the dogs .....Peta
ReplyDeleteShe will have to approach me and make some profuse apologies or it will be read my hand before I will even speak to her.
DeleteI agree with you. MW has had enough chances to behave like a civil person. She needs to learn that she can't go around upsetting people and think there won't be consequences. A g&t is good for the brain and relaxes you. Two is even better.
ReplyDeleteThree too much? I hope not!
Delete