Thursday, 11 July 2024

Getting closer

The antibiotic finished yesterday and the drain was removed today. I'm freeeee! I kept forgetting I had attachments when I'd go to get up.

Assuming all continues to go well I'll be out of here on Saturday.

Himself has rung me so many times today my head is spinning. The Mermaid rang me three times and Three rang and texted several times. I think I need to go home for a rest!

Himself will get the keys for the house tomorrow. Sadly it won't be til later in the day and Three and Sally will have already left so it will a lonely handover.

We have told the real estate agent that we will most likely see our lease out so the pressure is off a bit and we can move and unpack at our leisure and hope the weather gods will be kind and deliver the dry winter we were promised so the gardens can be installed.

So there we are. Not what I had planned but all will be fine. 

17 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you're getting back on track. Good. You'll be so happy to get into the house and start to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me feel happy. I was wondering about the new house handover date. It is good to have time for the move from your rented place to your new owned home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven’t been around for a while so it’s good to hear you’re on track for discharge. Been a bit of a palaver hasn’t it…..will the surgeon sign you off and over to the local GP.
    That’s a great decision you both made on staying put until the end of lease….slowly does it will get more done in this situation
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patience and acceptance in all of this have truly impressed me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you'll be able to get home, sans drain. And a new home! I'm guessing moving will be excellent physio:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your probably Getting a bit bit of cabin fever now all the tubes are out.
    Just keep thinking you’ll be out soon and into your new home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting the keys put a smile on my face and being able to move at leisure is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like things are moving in the right direction! I think it's smart to keep your lease so you can move without so much time pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I hope all is well with you? and you are enjoying your new home...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Ms. Merlot! Just checking in. We miss you and hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you and missing you. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ditto I do miss your blog. Hope you are enjoying the new house. Penguin

    ReplyDelete
  13. missing you as well, and hoping you are recovering well at home and soon to be back!
    Susan M/ Calif

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope all is well with you, I hope you update soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw you posted a comment on Diet Coke Rocks so hopefully all is well. The new house will be an incentive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saw your comment on Andrews post today (Friday) so you’re obviously alive and hopefully recovering well. The house should be nearly ready now. Looking forward to hearing when the big move is

    ReplyDelete
  17. Came back here to check on you again and see that people have seen you elsewhere so...HURRAY! Are you moved yet?

    ReplyDelete