Tuesday, 9 July 2024

On the mend we hope.

My surgeon saw me yesterday afternoon and said he would do a "little tidy up" of the wound.

I went to theatre around lunchtime and had a washout and debridement. I now have 24 hour antibiotics going into my left arm and a drain coming out of my right leg. I fear I may end up like a tangled ball of yarn!

At least it has put an end to the waiting game that was the suction dressing. Now it's just a case of making sure all is going well and then I can be discharged.

I am hoping for Saturday as that works in best with the Mermaid but I think it might be Thursday or Friday which will interesting as I have nobody who can easily collect me.

No point worrying about it. If I have learnt anything over the past couple of weeks it's that sometimes one just has to suspend all plans and just go with the flow.

9 comments:

  1. That you're back in the hospital - a drag.
    That you're getting this addressed - fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you in any pain? I feel so sad for you that this has turned out to be so complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping this is soon resolved, and you'll be home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your philosophical attitude. Hope things work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With a bit bit of luck the infection will be gone and you will be back in lakes enjoying the view

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little bit of infection I guess. I hope the antibiotics do the trick, and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just looked up debridement on the internet. Hopefully you didn't get the bag of maggots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "go with the flow" descibes my way of life perfectly. I hope the newly debrided wound isn't painful and now heals well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope all goes well and you can return home fast and feeling much better

    ReplyDelete