Sunday, 25 August 2024

Lovely to be home

The Mermaid is fine. She did really well and her surgeon was amazing - no bruising and little pain. Just a very uncomortable piece of plastic across her nose presumably to keep the manipulated bone back in place. We had lots of laughs, take away and cafe meals and more wine than was probably good for us but, hey, we're old and have history!

I drove home fairly early today to escape the front that followed me. 


As I write the sky is lighting up and thunder growls in the distance.

It was lovely to get back to my safe place. 

I know it's only been just over a year since we left Melbourne but it has been many more since we left true suburban Melbourne. I was gobsmacked at the number of people that throng to cafes on the weekend. It was not a pleasant experience and I don't get the attraction.

Anyway. 

This week should have things continuing with the landscaping. We have pretty much cleared out the rental so once the concreting is finished we will move in. The dogs can be taken out to do their business on the end of a lead until the fencing goes in. Not the way I had planned the move but I just need to be out of this house.

Thank you for your ongoing comments (and thanks Peta for sharing your husband's experience - I feel I might be heading down the same path). Once I get my routine back I will be able to get back to replying individually both here and to my blog friends but at the moment life is a tad busy and I prefer to spend my time reading blogs rather than commenting - just know how much I appreciate you all.

Himself has cooked steak for dinner - a treat after staying with a vegetarian - so I am off to enjoy dinner and glass of red wine.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for checking in and letting us know you are okay. It is comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back home and happy to be there! I wonder what's up with the cafes? Everyone's happy to be well past lockdown, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s finally all happening. Well done. Happy the mermaid is going great. And yes. Wine is always good for us. It has antioxidants

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out to be a quite a storm here. Hasn't that year passed so quickly. Once you move, you can relax a bit as there will be no rush to make everything right straight away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, steak. Enjoy. Will there be a big sigh of relief when you finally move in?

    ReplyDelete