I recently had my hair degreyed and trimmed. I took this from my chair in the salon. It reminded me of why I love living here. Water, boats and bush - what's not to love.
Rain is forecast for this week which means the driveway is, yet again, on hold as we have opted for a dark grey concrete and it if it rains while being laid the colour will wash away. The heavy stuff of the landscaping has been done so we are now waiting for the fencer to get back to us with a date to get that ticked off.
Our rental is advertised and we have an open for inspection on Thursday. I will be very surprised if there is much, if any, interest as the figure they are asking is ridiculous for this town. And the type of person that could afford it wouldn't want to live in this place. The only thing going for it is the view. It has meant that we have had to have a flurry of cleaning which we hadn't expected until we vacated but the upside is that moving out will be less painful.
The hip is improving but the back is twitchy. As am I so I am looking forward to seeing a GP on Friday when I hope she will agree to an xray to put my mind at rest regarding the hip and/or work out what, if anything, can be done with the back. I think I will be biting the bullet, buying bathers (swimming costume, togs, swimsuit) and enrolling at the local gym/swim centre. They have gentle exercises for seniors (and oh my giddy aunt do I hate putting myself in that category as I have done some serious weight work in the past but time marches on and I stopped any sort of marching) and I can use the pool for water walking which is supposed to be good for back and joint issues.
We could actually move into the new house if we wanted to. We have everything up there we need (apart from food but we do have tea, coffee, milk and english muffins). We have taken the dogs up there a couple of times to get them used to it. Himself took their beds up today so that should help as they seem to find it hard to settle and pace and pant a lot. Once they are there with the cats and have had their dinner up there I am sure they will be fine.
On the social front I continue with my much loved U3A. On Thursday I have enrolled in a weaving class which uses plant materials run by a group of local artists. One of my history group is also going so my circle is slowly expanding.
So that is life chez Merlot. The waiting to move is telling on us both but we are both still in agreement that this is the best decision we have made.

I have nothing to say, but it was an interesting read and a catch up on your life.
ReplyDeleteWhy haven't you moved in yet then? Just curious. It sounds like things are going well and walking in the water will be good for your joints. And you're keeping busy, meeting new people, all good things:)
ReplyDeleteI love that your life is expanding along with your circle. I think if I was you, it would be hard not to just move in right now.
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling I'd have tried to move in while they were unloading rocks around me. You are clearly more mature! Does that say Hair Factory on the window??
ReplyDeleteWalking in water is great after a joint replacement. Except don’t go into the cold pool. If they have a warm water one it’s much better.
ReplyDeleteYour U3A is way better than ours. We don’t have many classes to chose from and nothing as wonderful as your classes
Is having the driveway essential to moving in or could you move in and park on the street until the driveway is done? I hope you get answers for the back and hip issues. Water exercises should definitely help.
ReplyDeleteThat IS a nice view from the hair salon. It's never easy to be "in transition" but soon enough you'll be done with all this and settled in!
ReplyDelete