Last weekend was glorious. We had high hopes that the landscaping and concreting and fencing would proceed with speed.
Here you can see my collection of plants awaiting planting. I am going for colour.
You can use your imagination to picture the pops of colour amidst the black mulch. I think they will look amazing.
The concreter laid the formwork for the driveway and front porch. It is a LOT of concrete!
Unfortunately the rain came and as a result we won't be having the concrete poured and the fencing dude can't deliver his cement posts as the block next door is too soggy.
The reason we need rain free days for the concrete is that we have chosen a dark grey colour (normal light grey would be way to glarey) and if it rains during application the colour will be washed away. I could try and explain what we have chosen but you can wait until I can show you the finished product!
I have offended the weather gods as there is no period in the foreseeable future with enough rain free days forecast so this will impact both the driveway and the fencing.
So what does one do when it rains? One knits, of course. This is a top I am knitting for The Mermaid because a) she's a lot smaller than me so takes less time and b) I don't wear knitted garments as I overheat.
On Thursday I went to a weaving workshop run by a local artists' group. I wouldn't call this weaving per se but I enjoyed the process and am going back for the remaining three workshops. Hopefully I will pick up some tips for weaving with local grasses and other fibres. (This is raffia and some sort of sisal cord which was the easiest thing for the teacher to provide for so many people).
There was a woman from my history group that I sat and chatted with. These encounters give me a sense of becoming part of the community. The next day I saw a couple in the doctor's waiting room who were also at the weaving group.
The reason I was at the doctor was to discuss the ongoing pain in my hip and seek reassurance after the issues I had with the whole wound thing. The more I spoke the more neurotic I felt but she ordered an xray. I ain't no radiologist but things seem to be in place. And I can understand why I am still a bit stiff and sore!!!
Pixie pointed out that my full name and date of birth was on the xray so I have deleted it until I can edit the original and repost. I wonder how many were as observant as she!
And here is the amended xray with personal details removed!
The cats have a tendency to shred our furniture. Himself needed a Bunnings fix had to go into Bairnsdale and found a new scratching post that didn't cost as much as our house. Minnie loves it and since taking this Max has had a good scratch so I think we will get some more.
It is Alice's third birthday today. I ordered her a Barbie doll set and a Barbie book from Amazon and it was delivered wrapped to their door (very promptly - I doubt Australia Post would have delivered that quickly). Three sent me videos of her opening them and this is a screen shot as she is seeing the Barbie dolls ... "OH. MY. GOG". I cracked up and that is now my favourite saying.

Not gogs but near enough, Himself took them to the beach for their walk today.
Lakes Entrance .... bloody magic (even if it is still raining!)






.jpg)


I know that colour, a dark bluestone colour but a bit prettier than natural bluestone.
ReplyDeleteIt is good to know you are ingratiating yourself, nay mixing into the local community.
Dogs running crazy with other dogs in a park or on the beach is wonderful to watch.
I like my 'Oh my gog'. I think I will use the phrase.
The wind and rain have gone for now here. But it’s very cold again.
ReplyDeleteIsn’t it lovely that you can still get presents to the grandies even if your a few hours away. I hope your pain starts to diminish
Oh my gog, that's a lovely little girl! So happy with her presents. I hope that hip improves. It's not supposed to go on like this.
ReplyDeleteThat screw in the x-ray looks so...dangerous. I'm sure it's not. Orthopedics really is carpentry, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteYour yard is going to be lovely and hopefully easily maintained.
You are a true knitter!
I think you're doing well after your hip surgery! It's almost 4 and a half months since I had a plate put in my shoulder and it still hurts from time to time. I was given a timeline of up to a year so don't worry!
ReplyDeleteYour name is on the x-ray, and your birthdate, I would delete it.
ReplyDeleteI'm no radiologist either, but they have a lot more training and maybe they can see something that can be fixed.
Your view is so gorgeous ... just the glimpses alone in the pictures are magical. I love looking at the water; so relaxing. My sil was telling me that her sister has on-going issues with her hip replacement ... discomfort, swelling. They finally found a blood clot and once that was sucked out she's finally starting to heal (3 months since surgery.) Hope they determine your issue because you are not a hypochondriac!
ReplyDeleteAll looks fabulous....take care...Peta
ReplyDeleteI hope they can get to the bottom of your hip pain. House/landscaping is all coming along well... I hope it stops raining soon for you.
ReplyDeleteToo bad about the rain holding up the concrete, I know the colour you talk about, have seen some around and about and my son-in-law works in concrete construction. The flowers are pretty, are they the type to spread and cover a decent amount of space? Love the dogs at the beach.
ReplyDelete