Saturday, 5 October 2024

Still alive

Sorry sorry, sorry.

Life is wonderful but very busy.

I am trying - actually not trying, it's just happening - to reduce my time on the computer so still reading blogs but comments and composing take time.

We are settling in really well.

I drove to Melbourne and collected Sally and brought her back. Three and Alice came down a couple of days later. The house survived. Not sure about Three. Alice is toilet training. 

"Daddy I done a wee" ... as she proceeds to wee on a dining chair (chosen to be easily wiped down and non staining - tick).

"Granny, I need new undies ... I done a poo" as we were playing in the playground as Daddy was getting the car packed up ready to head home. Daddy dealt with the result which ended in tears - definitely from Alice but I'm pretty sure Daddy was close.

The glorious three year old phase of knowing everything, conceding nothing, refusing help, screaming when thwarted then looking at you and beaming thus melting your heart.

Sally spent too much time talking to friends from school which caused her angst. Little girls are cruel.

Next time the ipad stays at home and she can use my phone to call mum and dad.

Three will be down on Wednesday for a couple of nights on his way back from Qld. I explain more later.

This really is a very brief post to say all is well and thanks for asking.

And Penguin, how close are you? I would love to meet up.


10 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting! I've been wondering what's up. Seemingly you're okay, which was the main concern. And having a good time. Good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And photos, we need photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long time reader but never comment. However I was at the point of asking if you were OK. Glad you are enjoying your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to read you're settling in and doing family stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to hear from you and your family news. The over two year old great nephews are doing ok with toilet training but they are not quite there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear from you. My twin grand daughters are also toilet training and have matching potties. They've only just begun but hopefully they'll catch on quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in Kalimna too. Penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three year olds can definitely be an adventure.
    So very good to see you here. And yes, we would love a few pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're doing well! I am, however, also glad that I've never had to toilet-train anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We too are in the middle of toilet training. Fortunately having spent time with her older cousins. She wanted to do what they did. And started going to the toilet more often
    Glad your settling in well

    ReplyDelete